IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some zinc welded on and I feel a lot better now and ready to hit the bays this fall. Cost a little over $60 for one piece at Stevens in Tigard, fyi. Now to the polish and Sharkhide.... :shocked:

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I certainly hope you didn't get it WELDED on. :hoboy:

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Get yourself a stainless steel wire brush and give that puppy a good brushing after every or every other launch.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Miss B,

Huh? I have some (4) screw-on anodes as well, but I feel they are not doing the job as I am seeing some pitting. Can you elaborate on why weld on would be bad...thx

Fishbait, thanks for the advice. Why stainless steel tho?

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
So I'm not an Aluminum hull guy but I can't imagine welding a zinc directly to the hull. Do zinc and Alum. mix (in a weld?). How do you replace it when it's shot, cutting torch? :whazzup:

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Mel MEl MEl, not everybody has a tupperware boat :laugh: FF, welded on is the only way to go. Stainless steel vs iron bristles, the ss are less likely to leave little pieces embedded in your zinc.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
i wish i knew somebody to weld zinc on my boat....the screw on type...i have little confindence in them......guide boats saw this weekend had big zincs on them....and they were all welded

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Let's all get together later tonight and weld one on Mel's boat, just to show him how well they work..... :tongue:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Husker,

Didn't look like it would take much; the zinc slabs had weld tabs to be welded to the boat. I feel better with it on, especially in the salt.
Good luck to you.

·
Registered
873 Posts
If you fish salt water with a downrigger loaded with metal wire and are not catching well, you may want to consider a line zinc.

Good fishing

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Originally posted by Keta:
Miss B,
Zinc cast onto an aluminum bar and welded to the hull. It doewsn't work very well on glass boats.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Well- Why didn't somebody just say that earlier. You guys just like to see me open mouth and insert dead fish now don't ya!
:mad: :wink:

I don't need no stinking zincs! Tupperware is impervious to corrosion. :grin: Just don't put Miss B in a microwave!
:shocked:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Who coined the term "tupperware boats?"

That IS funny, can I use that?

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Empire- you can use it, but you have to pay me copyright royalties. Send check or money order to...... :wink:

Don't know who started that, but it really makes me :mad: :mad:
:wink:

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Mel MEl Mel, your never be like Brad if you don't tell the truth. :whazzup:

Empire, see my post earlier in this thread.........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts