IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
What a team! Good job guys...I hope my daughter will want to hang out with me when she is 7. I took her fishing this afternoon...only 3 months old..and no takers fish wise...other people fishing sure liked seeing her though. Again, good job! :dance:

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
Good job, Dad! I don't think that smile could get much bigger even if the fish is showing a little color. Congrats on the new fishing partner.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Congrats on your son's first Salmon! I remember getting mine! Only five years ago! In that same year I got my first fish EVER! It was a trout, and I wouldn't even hold it with my hands...I used a stick to hold it for my first picture(ew, stinky fish)...but by later that same year I was holding this huge bright salmon with my hands! :smile:
As I was putting pictures in the album from that year I realized what a transformation I'd made that year. Now five years and a divorce later I'm proud to say that I've taught my new man a thing or two about fishing...and as HE tells fishing stories he NEVER admits that I ALWAYS manage to out fish him. Must be a lucky GIRL thing? :laugh:

Ya, know I guess this kinda qualifies as my "into" story as I'd never done one. BTW...did you catch it in that inflatable we see in the background? I just got that SAME boat last week!!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They usually get dark up here, but the meat is SO orange... I guess we still have a month or better before they start gettng pale. It is really great to get to spend time like this... And, for my wife who will be lurking later to see what kind of reactions he gets to his fish; Hi Honey! See, we don't just goof off at the river! :grin:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
You have just created a fish'n buddy for life!!!
:cheers: :dance:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Great post! :grin: Love the excitement that fishing with kids brings. My son is turning 2 next month, looking forward to him catching his first Salmon someday. We fished for shad and he had a great time trying to help. Thanks for the pictures, keep enjoying fishing with your boys!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
As a father of three teenaged sons I can tell you that every minute you spend with your son now building memories like that will pay off BIG TIME. When he's 17 or 18 and off with his pals screwing around on a Saturday night and he is is tempted for one reason or another, he'll ask him self "what would dad think?"

Congrats to your son on the fish, and Happy Fathers Day!!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Great job. Congrats to your son. :smile:

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Dear "No Fin",

Congrats on your first salmon. I can tell by the determined look and the cheese eating grin on your face that you will be out fishing your dad in no time. Just take it easy on the old guy until you get a drivers license. :grin:

Birdnest

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
one of the proudest moments a fisherdad could have. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
AWESOME!! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts