IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
14,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was chatting with Skein about this today.

There have been some great efforts by members of this board to get young people involved in hunting.

I would like to establish a young hunters "Will Call" list for goose hunting.

I would like to see how many we can get below the age of 21. Must have a permit goose zone permit.

In my case, I have extra blinds, extra guns and shells. Just dress warm and dry and maybe bring a face mask.

I'm sure some other goose hunters from the board will join me on this.

I hunt within an hour of Portland.

You can PM me with your info, age, location and phone number. Sometimes it's short notice. But if I have a list, I'll work through to fill some spots.

How about it?

· Registered
6,824 Posts
Bruce...can I be on your list? I wanna kill a snow goose in the valley...can you show me how?
:laugh: :laugh:

I too, will have spots open for a young hunter from time to time! Great idea Bruce!

Jon

· Registered
12,972 Posts
GREAT!!! I build you a fire, leave you at home and THIS is the thanks I get!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, GREAT idea!!!! I have a list of "kids" to take, but we may be able to put together a hunt, if I clear it with the land owner, which shouldn'rt be a problem.

What about it "Little Hunter", go get your Goose card so we can :smash: some Geese!!! If "Keeper" passed it anyone can!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :wave:

· Registered
13,100 Posts
My name is Roy and I am a low mileage unit :redface: I have never killed a goose :noway: I will be 21 scores at some point in the future.

Do you have a youth model shotgun I could shoulder? :shrug: I dont need much of a comb on it, matter of a fact I wont need a comb at all soon :redface:

Do I have to wear a hat like this to kill a goose, or can I wear something stylish? :shrug:

Do I have to be able to tell the difference between a snow goose and a dusky to qualify for the trip?

Could we finish the day off with a shooting clay competition, with side bets? :bigshock: :bigshock:

Your a good egg Bruce :clap:

· Registered
14,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know....

I knew it was a matter of time before some of the wise-guys started crackin-wise on me for this.

I called Gary on his cell phone Saturday evening, he and THEE Dave Smith were asking me how the "Michael Jackson" hunt was forming up and wondered if I'd be serving "Jesus Juice" :hoboy:

You all are bad...just bad. :sick:

And Roy, you could come along anytime, you wont even need a FA blind, you can just stand in a tire track. :shocked:

BTW, a very nice 19 yr old OSU student PM'd me and will be going in December. I told him there would be no sleep over involved. :eek:

Oh and Mr. and Mrs. Larsen, we should get our DSD's together sometime so they could meet.

· Premium Member
21,755 Posts
Bruce,
I'm in...We'll get some westerns later in the season and I can see if it would work with our guys...suggest, though, that the parent come along and hunt as well? At least for 16 and under or something like that...just a thought.
I saw Roy the other day and you better check his ID...He was giving away his pink child's lawn chair...said something about outgrowing it.
Bill

· Registered
11,750 Posts
Roy, Roy, Roy.. Laying out false pretenses to gain access to a youth hunt, after tattling on me to the little blond egg collector. I don't know about you. :shocked:
I think my roomate has one of the dog FA blinds that should be just about the right size for ya. My only request is that if you go with bruce your shell to bird ratio somewhere in the 14 to 1 ratio.. (missing birds sitting in the decoys is a plus as well :wink:)
Good Job Bruce on trying to get some youngsters out into the field.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.