IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what some of you all's go to You Tube channels might be.
deermeatfordinner, Marling Baits, and NW Fishing Secrets are my fav fishing related.
Jay Tee RC and Sam The Cooking Guy are prolly my fav non fishing. It's so easy to get caught in the You Tube rabbit hole...

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I tend to follow videos of the various interests I have like hunting, fishing, wood working and gardening. But even that is getting a little boring. I've seen pretty much all of them and not many new videos coming out to keep my interest peeked. Lately I've used it more to learn how to repair things that are breaking like my string trimmer as an example. I avoid the politically charged videos as most of them are main stream media biased thus they have absolutely no credibility with me.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
My son has a few favorites, and watches them as they post. They have sucked me in...
618 fishing
Fisherman's life
Oregon Life (local)
King Slew he's a member here!
Trumper Fishing (local) this guy cracks me up! find the one where he loses a halibut and the rod/reel.
Haulover Boats. will make you think crossing our bars is easier than we make it out to be

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I got started using YouTube videos by looking up HowTo replace the bearings in my front loader Neptune washer. The thing was sounding like a jet taking off each time it came to the spin cycle.
From there I have used it to fix tons of things around the house and even a few minor items on cars. I even checked a few videos out on how to harvest seeds from the garden for next years planting. That saves instead of buying seeds each year for everything.
For me it has been very handy for things like this.

·
Registered
38,424 Posts
That’s where the best music is.

Have had to use it for a couple of fishing reels that came to me in parts and some gun stock refinishing tips.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I like to use it for "how to" vids (try disassembling and reassembling a Rossi 92 without a video), as well as watching fishing channels from places I haven't (and may never) been. Fishlocker (Cornwall, England fishing...who'd have thought it could be that good there), Andy's fishing and wild cook (coastal Queensland, Australia...I've been there, but not at the local level of this guy). Not sure why folks like to embellish their fishing channels with outdoor cooking, but lots do. I get lots of ideas from watching these things, Philosophy D used a GoFish camera to watch his bottom fishing gear get passed up by innumerable fish before actually getting hooked up, kind of illustrates how little we know about what's actually going on at the other end of our line (so of course I had to get one of those which I've never used). And of course Kingslew, who really has the nearshore Newport reefs dialed in.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
I don't really follow, subscribe, or watch any one person or channel per say. I use You Tube mainly as an avenue to learn how to do things that I need some tips on. There's a saying that once you have watched enough content on one thing, you become a You Tube Pro. That is kind of true. Ive done many things confidently after seeing how it is done. I like their music as well. I also did the free trial of You Tube TV and it wasn't bad. Almost as much as cable, though. My kid, that's all he watches is the Tube. Long gone are the days of getting up early so you didn't miss your favorite Saturday morning cartoons or shows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts