IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's that time of year again...almost. The evenings are getting closer and colder. The truck starts a little slower. Mornings smell like fish.

Please contribute your favorite examples of the way in which those of us who still have some Freudian connection to watching a bobber bury live in insanity for a few months every year. I'll begin with two of my favorites. :)

1. Your girlfriend/wife starts matching her lipstick to the stains on your shirts.
2. There's a pot of coffee ready at 2am every day of the week, even though you only fish the weekends...just in case you get sick.

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Well, it's that time of year again...almost. The evenings are getting closer and colder. The truck starts a little slower. Mornings smell like fish.

Please contribute your favorite examples of the way in which those of us who still have some Freudian connection to watching a bobber bury live in insanity for a few months every year. I'll begin with two of my favorites. :)

1. Your girlfriend/wife starts matching her lipstick to the stains on your shirts.
2. There's a pot of coffee ready at 2am every day of the week, even though you only fish the weekends...just in case you get sick.

I fell asleep watching t.v. last night, the mrs was on the internet....all of a sudden I jerk myself awake as she sees me set the hook, and hit myself in the face...I quickly replied....Bobber down:grin:.

She about fell out of the chair laughing and asked:passout:What time do I set the coffee for tonight?:grin:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
when my wife quits complaining about the brown rings my coffee cups leave on the kitchen counter tops and brings out the BIG VOICE about the red pro-cure stains

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
the kids friends come over and get a drink from fridge and ask...

friend... ."Hey whats all that on the shelf..."
Me.... " I respond its some candy I made up..."
eldest duaghter " NO!!! dont listen to him, its for fishing..."

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
When you can no longer tell what the original color of your cork, and bottom 1/3 of your best rods are.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
My wife begins to notice that various cutting boards, canning jars, and tupperware containers have gone missing. You buy more bobbers, bobber stops, and beads only to find that you already have more in your stash than the store has on it's shelves. The recurring mantra that won't leave your head..."I need more eggs, I need more eggs, I need more eggs"

Orion

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
When you have to buy lotion for your hands and your wife does'nt ask what its for anymore

·
Registered
154 Posts
MINE IS THE THREE F'S FOOTBALL FOOTBALL AND FISHING, IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE IN LIFE? GO DUCKS, AND BOBBER DOWN:yay:

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
WOW, it's so nice to know that I am not the only one with red snot and bruses on my forhead from setting the hook in my dreams.......

I'm normal, I'm normal.... Well kinda

When you ask the wife if you can put a couple of jars of eggs in the upstairs freezer because your egg freezer is full.

Your cuticles have a red tint to them and just seems to stay there.

The wife tells people it's almost mid September and Steve starts growing gills by the first of Oct.

You hear from long lost friends asking if you have any extra powder

You spend more time fondling qts of eggs and your favorite bobber rod than you do your wife.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
You spend more time fondling qts of eggs and your favorite bobber rod than you do your wife.
:laugh:Thats the best one Ive seen on here in a while!!!!! Whats not funny though, is I bet its true in 80% of the bait fishing households.

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
I'm normal, I'm normal.... Well kinda

Your cuticles have a red tint to them and just seems to stay there.

And here I thought you just painted your fingernails on purpose. What you did'nt tell everyone here is about your matching boa and Mimi wig.:wave:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts