·
The Mods Must Be Crazy!
24,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Or a saltwater fueled boat! :yay:

A scientist working on a cancer treatment instead discovers that his radio wave-producing device can ignite the hydrogen in salt water hot enough that it melted the test tube. :eek:

I had heard rumblings about this before, but now the findings have been duplicated. Further research is definitely needed, and hopefully will be funded by the U.S. government. If they can turn this into something that will power an automobile engine...:passout:

·
Registered
824 Posts
"This is the most abundant element in the world. It is everywhere," Dr. Roy said of salt water. "Seeing it burn gives me chills."
So what is the atomic number of salt water? :jester:

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Or a saltwater fueled boat! :yay:

To quote the great Homer Simpson, "Lisa, in this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!"

I guarantee, that if he is using radio waves to cause oxygen to separate from hydrogen in water and then combust, he is putting in more RF energy than he is getting out.

Nullum gratuitum prandium, there is no free lunch. You can't get more energy from combining Hydrogen and Oxygen than it takes to pry them apart.

And you expect me to believe there is some chemist at Penn State name Rustum Roy? I bet he discovered a new way to turn iron into brown dust!

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
If you want to read about a fascinating fellow, just google up "Rustom Roy". This old guy has his fingers in everything.

·
Registered
17,792 Posts
Ghesh what is the big deal, my wife has been burning water for years :passout:

·
Banned
1,344 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,293 Posts
Yeah, but can she make it stick to the pan? My mom could. That's the reason I learned how to cook for myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts