IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
119,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, she sits on my hat as I fish. Yes, she swims! Yes, she wades out to see me. Yes, she likes to ride in the boat while we anchor and kwikfish.

This cat... She NEVER ceases to amaze me!

She loves sardines!

We finally put her on the shore, to push off, and she swam after us! Back on shore, she raced us down river! Finally, had to go put her in the house, before she drowned! Poor soaking wet cat! She was so ticked she couldn't go along!

Molly, checking to make sure the anchor system is working correctly.

Molly, walking the gunwales, searching for bits of sardine...

Molly, beginning her swim to the boat... She was soaked!

Anyone ever heard of a fishing cat?

Jen

·
Premium Member
14,394 Posts
she'll be the hit on the river this year. i hope she's a lucky mascot for you.

G

·
I had a Ripley's cat once too. Would actually jump in the truck to go bank fishing. At the spot, would jump out, follow me down the path, hang around close while I was fishing, follow me back, jump in the truck and go home.

Cool Cat you got. :cool:

G

·
Cool! I have one cat that likes to swim and another that will when he has to.

[ 10-24-2003, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Keta ]

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Did anyone tell Molly she's a cat??? :whazzup: I thinks she thinks she is a dog. :laugh: No cat in their right mind is going swimming on there own. :smile:
Just my 2 cents

How come she didn't get to go fishing in the boat with you??

·
Administrator
119,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was an all day float, and, frankly, I still can't believe that she would like it!

Maybe she would!?

We took her out for a bit, and I was afraid she would jump in and not be strong enough for the current.

I put her in the house, gave Kilchis and her a dog chew, and let them resume their wrestling.

Jen

·
Administrator
119,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
13 years later, and Molly the Fishing cat is missing!

Please say a prayer for us, as we go through this difficult time. I mean, when do you mourn when a cat is missing? All the time!?!

The most frustrating part is that we have lost so many cats here on the Kilchis, due to the wild animals. We bring her in at night, but we couldn't find her, two nights ago, and that was the last time we have seen her.

I'm just sick!

Oh, Molly! Come home! I need my fishing cat!

·
Registered
16,197 Posts
Very, very sorry to hear this, Jen. Molly is very special. We do love them so, don't we?

:flowered::pray:

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'm so sorry, Jennie. My little guy went missing for 4 days one time and it really tore me up. My heart goes out to you and I REALLY hope he returns safely and soon.

Fingers crossed for you and your family.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
If you let a cat go outside, you are not looking out for it's best interests. Coyote's, cars, cat hating neighbors (which there are lots of on this board). My wife volunteers on Saturdays at a rescue and it's staggering how many people let their cat or dog out unattended, and then freak out when it goes missing.

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
Yeah, it is really best to keep them in a bird cage. :palm:

It sounds like letting her out during the day and in at night worked well for 13 years!

Sorry for your missing Molly, Jen. Hope she is waiting by the door next time you look.

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
Don't give up in despair quite yet. We had a "tuxedo" cat, much like your Molly but he was a he. He went missing for a number of days and he was a permanent outside kitty. We figured some coyote had him for dinner. He went missing a couple of times. I'm thinking one time was like about 10 days but that can't be right. Anyway, long story short...he found himself in the neighbor's garage and hid behind their freezer every time they came and went. He never meowed. Maybe hunting mice in their garage. After what seemed a very long time, he finally came running out of their garage. His name was...seriously....Lucky!

Shoot..I forgot to make my point which several after me did. She may be accidently somewhere and its just a matter of time before she finds her way back.

·
Registered
527 Posts
If you let a cat go outside, you are not looking out for it's best interests.
yeah, keep the bird in the cage. Keep the kids in the house. Keep the dog on a short leash.....sounds like a fun life. :palm:

Jennie, you gave that cat a great life by letting it be free. There is no better life than that of an outdoor cat. No seasons, no game wardens, no bag limits, then coming home to love and a guaranteed meal. If only half of us were that lucky.

Fingers still crossed that he comes back soon!:flowered:

·
Registered
995 Posts
I actually had a cat go missing for over a year and one day I heard a meow on my porch. I thought to myself "no way Bob is back". Sure enough he was back after what must have been a long and crazy adventure. The sad part is he was killed by a neighbor dog only months later.

I hope you find your fishing cat (which by the way is the coolest thing ever!).

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
And one of the hardest parts about one's cat just going missing is never having closure as to what their fate was. But, my cat went missing for four days one time then came home like nothing happened. I wish her a safe return - She obviously was "street smart" and what a wonderful long life she did have if she's waiting for you in heaven!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts