IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did real good on Monday near marker 37, went today and saw very little activity on the fish-finder and did not catch anything. Maybe the fish have moved upriver? Still lots of bait fish in the lower river. Thats about all I can tell you, for what its worth.

Good fishing, YK

·
Registered
802 Posts
YK, What does "real good" really mean?

Ride Red

·
Registered
98 Posts
Planning to go tomorrow. Concerned about the "fish moved up river" comment. Would appreciate a tip about whether to focus my attention downriver (e.g., oyster farm area) or go upriver of Toledo. Would like to be spending my time in the right general area!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My personal opinion would be marker 31-32 or the oyster farm area, it's still a little early to fish the mill and farther up. I'm sure some fish have moved up there but last weekend there didn't seem to be any fish at all past the airport. I can't make it tomorrow but I'll be there in the next few days and plan to fish 31-32, hopefully with fresh bait.

·
Registered
2 Posts
EZ, fished the ocean out of Newport yesterday, while at the cleaning station I talked to a guy that caught two at the oyster farm. His report was 10-12 boats fishing and he saw maybe 10 caught. Good Luck, let us know how you do.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Marker 31 to the Oyster flats would normally be your best bet this time of year, and it may be good when you fish it. As for ten fish being caught there on 10/01, I fished that area all day and saw one landed, one lost, marked very few fish on the finder. Ride Red, "real good" means we had five fish for three people. Just trying to help those coming here to fish, if you want to fish here marker 31 area probably your best bet, changes day to day, 10/01 was not good but that could change by the weekend when everyone shows up.

YK

·
Registered
815 Posts
This might be a little bit of old news, but I fished the oyster farm area both sat and sun last weekend. There was a pretty decent bite about one hour before high slack. It lasted for about 1/2 hour. Other than that it was pretty spotty.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
While the fishing on the Yaquina has not been consistently hot, I did put my neighbor on his first nook in several years on Wednesday afternoon. His smile says everything! :cheers:

For us, the hottest bite has been from the Riverbend area up to about the 31 marker. I had friends that limited on Wednesday, but only got 1 yesterday fishing the same area.

We really need some rain to move some fresh fish in. SD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts