IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out know of a good RV park to stay at (with a camper) around Toledo or Elk City? I have relatives comming up from Klamath Falls next week and would like to make some reservations. We are planning on giving the Salmon a shot next weekend.

I heard there was a good one in that area somewhere, but I don't know the name or phone number. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TTT ... anyone?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I don't know of any at Elk City nor Toledo. I usually just park at South Beach Marina, which leaves a little bit to be desired unless you have a boat moored there.

There is also a super nice state operated campground south of Newport right on the beach but I don't remember the name of it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Beverly Beach State Park - 7 miles N of Newport on Hwy 101. (198 NE 123rd St). (541)265-9278. RATES $13-$19 (279 sites).

Harbor Village RV Park - 923 SW Bay Blvd. (541)265-5088. RATES pending. (140 sites).

Leisure Times Whalers RV Resort - 50 SE 123rd St (South Beach). (541)867-3100.

Newport Marina at South Beach - 2301 SE Marine Science Dr (South Beach). (541)867-3321.

Outdoor Resorts Pacific Shores Motorcoach Resort - 6225 N Coast Hwy, Newport OR 97365 (541)265-3750 OR (800)333-1583 (252 sites)

Sawyer's Landing Marina & RV Park - 4098 Yaquina Bay Rd. (541)265-3907.

South Beach State Park - 2 miles S of Newport on Hwy 101 (5580 South Beach, 97366.(541)867-4715. RATES $14-$18 (254 sites).

Beverly Beach is top notch, but away from the water.

South Beach Marina is good if you want to moore the boat also. Top notch launching spot and plenty of dock space But about 15 miles (This is a guesss) by water to toledo.

Sawyers Landing has somewhat crummy docks, as I recall and use a crane or lift to put boat in\out of the water. They also rent crabbing boats that are not to shabby. Don't know about their rv'ing capacity.

[ 09-19-2003, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Crabby ]

·
Registered
147 Posts
Elk City has a nice RV park with about 10 or so spaces and boat ramp. It's all fairly new, and right next to the store. The river is pretty skinny there, so launching a boat of any size might be tricky. Further downriver is Cannon Quarry county park (day use only), and a ramp.

You might get the number for the Elk City Store and ask for information. It seems that the last time we were through there, there was also a camp host. I don't know about reservations, though.

Have a good time.

John

·
Registered
94 Posts
Elk City store is closed up again but park has been upgraded with running water,paved camp spots and a new boat ramp and dock it is all tide water but gets real shallow at low tide. good place for small alluminum boats however bigger boats do put in there at high tide you just gotta work the tides.no reservations at camp but only $10. per night and about 15 spaces inside and outside the circle drive. it is at the confluence of the big elk river and the yaquina

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ya might try Sawyers landing up the bay from the embarkadero they take reservationsthey can sling your boat into the water and have a dock to moor your boat.their phone # is 1(888)216-3907

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the great info!!! YOU GUYS ROCK

Next question...would you bobber fish or troll if you were to fish the Yaquina next weekend?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts