IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It certainly wasn't a hot bite, but we did manage to put two in the boat today. Both in their 20's and it was my buddies first nook of the year. :grin:

I also sacrificed a small chunk of my arm to a yellow jacket, so I gave a little back too... Ouch! :shocked:

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
Nice fish fellas! :cheers:

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
We've been waiting for a Yaquina report. It's about time! :grin:

I got stung about a month ago while driving. Man, that hurt! My arm was swollen for about 2 weeks. :depressed:

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Were you anchored over by the Hatfield Marine Science Center? I saw a boat that looked like yours over there on Friday.

We got out to the Rockpile Saturday, but it was just too rough to fish effectively. Glad to see you were taking up the slack for us. :grin:

Nice fish. Don't ya just love it!

Skein

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Skein,

Nope, I didn't put the boat in until Sunday AM. I have relatives coming down Friday AM from Tri-Cities, so I will be fishing 3 days in a row and hope to put my cousin into a fish.

I think the next minus tide series is going to bring more and more fish in, plus cooler nights have got to start helping too.

SD

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice fish

Did you hook them in the bay?
I have never tried salmon fishing in the bay before.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These fish came from the area of the Oyster plant, both on plug cut herring trolled behind a small flasher.

SD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts