IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any new report on Yaquina? I am thinking about heading up there on Thursday. Anybody catch any this last weekend?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hey JBaker how about a story for your first post. This funny custom some ifishers are adamant about. What are you fishing for keepers or crabs?

Seriously welcome aboard and sorry I dont know what is happening the on "Yaqina" but would like to get info as well. I will be down there in a day or three myself to explore some crabbing and sivers.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
We fished for an hour yesterday at the high slack. We got one bright 19 lb'r right off the bat and had a couple of hard strikes that we missed in the next 45 minutes or so... I talked to one group of friends that went up around the 31 marker and fished up to the Toledo boat ramp with no success, but they marked a lot of fish in the deep holes.

We fished down below the Oyster plant were it appears the stronger tides have pulled some fresh fish in. I fished alongside another friend in the same stretch and they got 3 nice fish in a couple of hours.

Spotty at best from my experiences this weekend, but definately worth the try.

SD

·
Registered
98 Posts
Fished Yaquina Bay Friday. Got skunked (as usual) but saw quite a few fish caught between Toledo boat launch and the shipwreck. Based on when I have seen other people catch fish you definitely want to be there at high tide.

On Friday saw one guy (possible i-fisher?) catch two in no time just down from Toledo dock. He said he was using sardines he jigged from the bay.

I will try again this Friday and am sure lady luck will return at that time. EZL

·
Registered
489 Posts
Fished saturday and sunday up at and past the shipwreck. Saw some caught, saw some in boats. I got skunked with three poles in the water.

We were using plugged herring, a baitholder with herring, tried kwikfish. We saw a fish caught on a spinner trolled with weight inline. Others said they caught em' on plugs.

I was Siuslaw weekend before that.. Also got skunked, but saw bigger fish and more of them. Everyone using plugged herring. Tiernan launch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts