IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a bunch of family from La Pine coming over for annual campout, barbecue and skeet shoot. They decided they want to do some salmon fishing this year. Will it be worth the trip or will it be to early then? Fished it last year in late September and caught a couple nice fish. So I'm not looking for secret places or how-to's. Just time is limited with all the people and we can do some crabbing if it's to early for the Nooks.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Flathead,

If you are looking to fish the river itself, it is still too early. If you are looking to fish the ocean, then it is red hot right now. :cheers:

The nooks don't normally start moving up river until after the 3rd week of August and I start fishing the lower river in earnest the 1st of Sept.

The crabbing has been so-so the last couple of weeks, with lots of females in the traps that you have to pick through to get a few legal males.

Hope this helps. SD

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spoiled Daddy, Yah, we're looking at the river and bay during the Labor Day holiday weekend. I figured to launch out of Toledo and fish the upper bay. Thanks for responding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts