IFish.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May have been a fleet of 12 or more on Yale today dragging gear looking for shiny kokes.

Two of us fished three rods from 9 to 2:30. Near breeze less and the sun broke through to push the chill up the hill.

All surface from 150 to 220’ back. Orange and pink produced enough biters throughout the day. Landing rate of less than half.

I think a key to any success for us was: 1 - 6” leaders on the spin n glo and 2 - mark the fish to work a small patch of water pretty hard.

1.2 mph. Arrow and Brads dodgers.

Appreciate any other updates out there.

I hadn’t been back to Yale since the had started to color. Glad we could make it out today.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Nice report. Glad you got into some.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
May have been a fleet of 12 or more on Yale today dragging gear looking for shiny kokes.

Two of us fished three rods from 9 to 2:30. Near breeze less and the sun broke through to push the chill up the hill.

All surface from 150 to 220’ back. Orange and pink produced enough biters throughout the day. Landing rate of less than half.

I think a key to any success for us was: 1 - 6” leaders on the spin n glo and 2 - mark the fish to work a small patch of water pretty hard.

1.2 mph. Arrow and Brads dodgers.

Appreciate any other updates out there.

I hadn’t been back to Yale since the had started to color. Glad we could make it out today.
Did you measure any of them? Wondering what size is like early in the year.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kokes I got into were all 9.5-10.5” or so. Measured the first.

·
Registered
My favorite color is CHROME!!!
1,623 Posts
Nice job. While the Yale fish are not as big as Merwin, personally I think the Yale fish are perfect eating size. I can rarely eat a whole Merwin Koke by myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts