IFish.net banner

101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yesterday afternoon, they liked 60 ft line out and downriggers at 34 ft, arrow gold dodgers and spin-n-glow with chartreuse tops. Fished within sight of the dam.

·
Registered
367 Posts
15' or less earlier in the morning. A couple fish hit my Brad's cut plug while I was clippin the line to downriggers clip. Later on 20-30'

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Nice job Adamg! Thinking of ducking out of work early one day this week and doing an afternoon chasing Kokanee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Melissa and I took the girls out for an evening fishing at Yale. Nice evening on the boat and we ended up going 10/16 for Kokanee. Those buggers are wiggly as heck some days. Not bad for 4 hours of fishing.

Everything we threw at them got bit, green seemed to get bit more than others. Two rods at 30’ on the DR, Two rods LL at 100’ with 2oz of lead.

BTW...If the guy with the Smokercraft with no cowling on the motor and tan/beige pickup who pulled out of the lot in front of me is on here. Your left brake light on the trailer is out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Hit up Yale today even though it was going to push 100. Windy as the gorge to start off with and though I was going to throw in the towel but we kept hooking fish. Got to 22 pretty quick but then had a lull till the 10 o'clock bite came then we finished off with our 30. Caught them at all depths. Using 3oz of lead and Arrow flashers with every color hooch imaginable. All got bit. Wind was a factor but the bite kept us there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the report, I have not been up there for three weeks, I think I will try next week. Is the average size still about 11 inches

·
Registered
My favorite color is CHROME!!!
1,592 Posts
My son and I fished Yale both Monday and Yesterday. On both days, we had started at Merwin and left there around 10:30 after not doing well. We kept 10 each day at Yale before it got too warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
My son and I fished Yale both Monday and Yesterday. On both days, we had started at Merwin and left there around 10:30 after not doing well. We kept 10 each day at Yale before it got too warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think I talked to you on the way out. I was in the sled puling out when you were putting in. Glad to see you did well.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
8/4/20 We arrived at the lake early enough that you could not yet read a newspaper on a clear windless day. We headed directly across the lake and fished in 90 FOW trolling toward the dam. The surface temperature was 71 degrees and the fish were easily spotted down about 35 feet. Virtually nothing was seen above that level but scattered fish were seen lurking below so I presume there resided the thermocline. The catching was better until the sun hit the water with no clouds in the sky. Pink and chartreuse hoochie rigs 10" behind a gold flasher and another flasher with a significant amount of industrial strength glow tape caused a lot of interest from the critters and there was very little in the way of taps. Front hook was a #2 green Octopus. Second hook was a number 4 also in green and this was followed by a #4 red Octopus style that acted like the stinger that it was. That stinger paid off handsomely!

Merwin has been a little sketchy so the pick was Yale for proven results. I really like to watch the rod fold over on bigger fish but bringing home some smokers is the proof in the pudding. The folks we launched with were back at the dock at 0900 and heading home. We all had our limits. There were no 14 inchers but we threw back only two dinks. I had no trouble filleting our catch which now reside in the brine awaiting an afternoon smoking.

I had not been up to Swift in many years and we had the rest of the day to play. Very little has changed there in a decade except who is running the campground. I gotta get back up there for some good trout fishing.

Warning Just west of the Swift launch and in the middle part of the westbound lane is a pothole best described as a crater. It goes down through two layers of pavement with a big patch of gravel at the bottom. I spotted it on the way in and it looked like a Yugo stuck in the bottom. This thing is a tire buster and a suspension killer! Be Careful.

At Merwin, Yale and Swift I saw not another person (except the gate attendant at Swift) wearing a mask. Come On Folks. Help me make it to 2021 please.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Pensacola, thanks for post. By flasher do you mean dodger or lake troll like cousin carls. You are using three hooks, I have never thought of doing that.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Pensacola, thanks for post. By flasher do you mean dodger or lake troll like cousin carls. You are using three hooks, I have never thought of doing that.
Washington's regs do not require the fish be hooked just inside the mouth. So many of the fish that are hooked are really difficult to land especially if you are 175 feet behind the boat. It's almost a science getting them to the boat and in a net. The gentleman with me was using exactly what you mentioned with the Cousin Carl's. He had added some prism tape to the blades for even more flash making them even more effective in the sun, plus they have that great thump that drives these fish to committing suicide. A third hook is permitted. With the way these fish behave it adds a little insurance to getting them into the boat.

Since you know about the "Cuz" you may be familiar with the original Super Duper and the Martin Red Magics. My used tackle dealers have run dry on these lures. I don't like to use bait if at all possible. Anyone out there know where a stash might be found? Happy to buy them. PM please.

101 - 120 of 149 Posts