IFish.net banner

81 - 100 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
First trip to Yale in two weeks, boy have things changed. Fished from 6:30 till 9:30 with only 4 fish netted. All during May and early June we got easy limits on the top, now water temp is 64 degrees with algae bloom. Lots of boats and not many nets flying. The ones we caught were 25 and 30 on the dr. Will have to learn how to catch them deep now.

·
Registered
My favorite color is CHROME!!!
1,608 Posts
First trip to Yale in two weeks, boy have things changed. Fished from 6:30 till 9:30 with only 4 fish netted. All during May and early June we got easy limits on the top, now water temp is 64 degrees with algae bloom. Lots of boats and not many nets flying. The ones we caught were 25 and 30 on the dr. Will have to learn how to catch them deep now.

How bad was the algae?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Roady, I have not fished Merwin in the past month so I cant compare to that, but there is lots of algae that wasnt there last time I fished, but not bad enough that you have to slap your line to get it off.

·
Registered
My favorite color is CHROME!!!
1,608 Posts
Roady, I have not fished Merwin in the past month so I cant compare to that, but there is lots of algae that wasnt there last time I fished, but not bad enough that you have to slap your line to get it off.

Thanks for the info. My son and I are giving the Columbia on last shot today, but I’m sure we’ll be back up at Yale again in the near future.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Fished Yale the last three days. Managed limits all three days. Riggers set at 20-23', 2oz at 80' on the lead lines. 1.5 was my target speed. Corn in tuna oil with garlic. I'll be back at it again. In the am.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Rednecky1 was the bite right at day break or later. Where on the lake did you find them. I didnt see much across from launch or by the culverts from 6:30 to 9:30, didnt try anywhere else

·
Registered
208 Posts
We put number 100 so far Yale kokane in the boat today. Slow bite but steady. Still very small, still looking for that 14 inch yale fish! Really did not mater what we were using as long as bait was on the hook. Still lots of people. Splash and squeeeeeeels started to show up about 930 am.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Rednecky1 was the bite right at day break or later. Where on the lake did you find them. I didnt see much across from launch or by the culverts from 6:30 to 9:30, didnt try anywhere else

I found them in schools across from the ramp.

Another 40 today. With time to hit the fat moose for fried pickles for lunch.

I have been finding decent schools and doing passes through them. Looks like I'll be up there Saturday and Sunday.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Last two days on Yale should be my last for the season. Limits were fairly easy both days, finished today at 9. 1.5 sog 15-25' mostly Arrow flash dodgers and Franks Flies with VIP 1.5 blades.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Ouch, loosing 2 DR balls and setups in one day. We’re you somewhere close to the circle I’ve drawn? I’ve lost a few setups in a tree along that location. I’ve yet think quickly enough to drop a waypoint so I can avoid it.

I had something grab my downrigger ball in that area once and nearly pull the side of my boat under....scared the $#[email protected] out of me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
20-30 mph winds, pouring rain and 3ft. swells couldn't keep this crazy fisherman off the water and not have Kokanee for dinner

·
Registered
208 Posts
I got into this last week. I have hit it before but my fish finder had been cleared out from last season so I forgot about where it was exactly was. Should have known better but that was where the fish were. Has anyone been able to see on their electronics what it is? I would guess a tree but only at 30 feet? In a few weeks the water grass will be causing problems. :twocents:

·
Registered
149 Posts
At the mouth of Siouxon Creek, in like 190' deep water, all of a sudden some "thing" about 40 ' deep appears. My guess, it's a rock
spire.

I was pulling do.wnriggers 25 ft deep, so I didn't hang up.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sammie - Sam'nilla
For the time being, are you not fishing Merwin at all?
Thanks, Paul
Paul,,, we left Merwin when the bloom hit and plugged up our rod guides.The splash and squeeel bunch also showed up about that time with those dam wake boats. Yale has a lot of fish this year. We have boated 120 so far and have yet to find that elusive 14 incher. They are more like 10-11-maybe a few 12 inches.
:twocents:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Merwin was slow and steady today with no bloom issues at all.
10 kokes then released three past convicts to be caught again by others on trolled spinners at 45'

·
Registered
368 Posts
First time fishing Yale today, first time fishing kokanee ever. Made a last minute decision last night to head north /w 5 year old for kokes instead of west for trout. Being my first time, I'm not really geared for it and just used all my trout gear. 6" sling blades, wedding rings, hootchies, Tuna+garlic corn.

Headed straight across from the boat ramp. Dropped 2 DRs to 20+25' and began getting a long liner out. Immediate double on the DRs, throw the long line rod down while I try to land those and it turns into a triple, of which only 1 was landed. Rest of the day was sporadic bites here and there till about 10 when I was ready to call it. Another double. Start doing laps on up and down the line I was on and it was at least consistent action for the next hour.

Managed only 5 in the cooler with more than that lost at the net and ~20 take downs that either didn't stick or lost due to rookie mistakes. Had no trouble getting bit but converting a bite into a dead fish was a different story, but I guess thats par for the course with these fish

·
Premium Member
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Adam - Nice report. Yeah they are wiggly buggers and it does take a bit to get the hang of playing them and even then some days they just come off no matter what you do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
542 Posts
Slow and steady wins the race. Fishing the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat😂😂😂😉🥃🇺🇸

81 - 100 of 149 Posts