IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed there isn’t a thread for Yale for this year. Curious if anyone has been out there recently and has a report?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I was headed to Merwin this morning (solo) and saw the mess at the launch and aborted that for Yale, I should have aborted Yale when I pulled in and only saw 6 or 7 rigs in the lot.
Fished about 4 hours for 6-7 drive-by's, brought 2 to the boat that were about 9-10 inches that came off, which I didn't mind. Saw a couple caught and they weren't any bigger then what I had.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the report Scott. Melissa and I chased steelhead this weekend and it was a zoo there too. As we got to the river I thought, maybe we should have chased Kokes today but sounds like after the month of rain everyone decided they were fishing no matter where it was. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Was there on 22nd cause Merwin was full! Yale produced nice 15" fish. Great day to be on the water.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Can anyone give me pointers for fishing yale? Where to go? I remember it gets shallow from the right side of the ramp? Its been a while, and I've never really fished it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Can anyone give me pointers for fishing yale? Where to go? I remember it gets shallow from the right side of the ramp? Its been a while, and I've never really fished it. Thanks.
Ya out in at the boat ramp and head straight across to the south side, you'll see the other boats there. I drag the old school stuff pink hoochie beads and 2 hook setup, tuna corn and baby shrimp. Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Never fished Yale and wonder about where to launch, saddle dam or Yale park I just read in the previous post to go across to the south side so I figure that’s from the park. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Never fished Yale and wonder about where to launch, saddle dam or Yale park I just read in the previous post to go across to the south side so I figure that’s from the park. Thanks for your help
I believe the Saddle Dam Launch is closed until after Memorial Day. Need to use Yale Park.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I want to travel up the the dam from Yale Park this week . I understand you need to travel on the right side of the lake along the highway . Do I need to worry about and hazards along that side of the lake ? Thanks .

·
Registered
730 Posts
I want to travel up the the dam from Yale Park this week . I understand you need to travel on the right side of the lake along the highway . Do I need to worry about and hazards along that side of the lake ? Thanks .
Click the link on post#6. Use this as a reference and you should be fine.

·
Registered
96 Posts
3/19/2020 Report

4 anglers, 4 rods. Fished 9:35-2:45. 39 kept, including a 12" chinook. Action was pretty good with a few lulls, but lots of triples and a quad. Took a group of teenagers out, including one who'd never fished before! She caught loads of fish and can't wait to go fishing again. Gotta love it!

Fished mostly out and across from the boat launch. 1.1-1.4 mph. Hoochies and spinners behind small Leo Flashers and Brad's Kokanee flashers. Tuna corn.

About 15 trailers in the parking lot. Only the middle dock was usable due to water levels, but it wasn't too bad at all.

Beautiful day with a relatively flat lake and sunny skies.

Just a note, but the fish seemed smaller than the past few years on Yale. Maybe I just got into schools of smaller fish, but the average size was 9-10" with several 8-9" kokanee mixed in. We had a few 11" fish in the cooler, but it was slim pickings as far as nicer quality kokanee. I've only fished the lake this early a few times, so I guess I don't have much to go off of.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Good stuff beavin. Nothing better than noobies gettting hooke. Life time memory wink

·
Registered
96 Posts
3/22/2020 Report

2 anglers, 4 rods. Fished 8:45-12:15. 20 kokanee kept and countless fish lost. All the usual suspects in terms of gear, with most fish marked and caught in the top 20' of the water column. Fish size was consistent with only a few sub 10" fish and most 10-11" long. We had a couple pushing 12" but they sure are skinnier fish than their cousins at Merwin.

Parking lot was decently full (2.5-3 rows full of trucks and trailers) and we saw a good number of nets out. Wind chop in the morning wasn't terribly fun, but it died down as the day went on.

Fish seemed to be more concentrated, so you really had to stay on top of them. If you did so, the bite was really good. We had all four rods go off twice, and it was extremely rare to only get one bite at a time.

All in all, a great day.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thats a good report. I have never fished Yale, is there a gate at the place you launch. I am wondering if Merwin and Yale will be closed with the stay at home order

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
We plan on hitting yale on the off columbia river days. Did really good there last year. Will report.:excited:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Hit Yale today. Pretty quick limit! The fish dont seem as big as last year. But we did manage some pretty chunky ones ! Everyone else seemed to to doing good as well.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts