IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed over to Yachats and was wondering if the Yachats river would be fishable? How about the bay, would bringing my 15ft boat be usefull? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt for a shot at getting the attention of the afternoon folks

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Originally posted by cully:
I'm headed over to Yachats and was wondering if the Yachats river would be fishable? How about the bay, would bringing my 15ft boat be usefull? Any help would be great.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">There is a primitive boat launch I think 2 miles up from the ocean. I can't remember the name of the road, but you turn by a newer housing development. You can only drift about a mile and a half of the river, I think. I fished it once for winter steelies this year, and the river didn't impress me, especially in the driftable section...but I did only fish it once, so go figure. I'm almost 100% sure the water is too low to drift it, anyway. I usually fish off the rocks at Yachats for Surfperch, and I've noticed Yachats bay can be very rough, and usually always has breakers...so a 15 footer might be cutting it close. Also, I know the river has had a fairly good fall chinook run (don't know about coho...but it might) but I don't know what the regs are. I can't find my regulation book, but I'd check it before fishing it.
Good luck with your adventure, in any case!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts