IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after my 10hrs at work , i get home , load up "tuna breath" and head out to the willy to make bait for this years crabbing. we launched at sportcraft , dropped the hook and were fishing. mrs . breath and mrs. bones called shortly after so we pulled in and met them at the dock. ok 5mins. later , now we have 4 poles in the water, catching fish, haveing fun , yadda, yadda,. got a little warm so i said lets head up to the falls, mrs, t.b. hadn't seen them from water level , so we're winding in when ZZZZZZZZ FISH ON!! and i don't mean shad. i had 20lb on the main line but down to 8 on my leader, small dick nite for the lure, didn't want to loose this baby!! the other boats could see i had a big fish on too, i thought about throwing the hook to fight this fish but looking down river at the other 40 or 50 boats with all those anchor lines , nope , no thank you. well after about 5 or so mins. finally saw color, tunabreath had the big net out and was ready for the scoop.... and then there it was... the smell of barbq nook filled the air....,but then reality set in... there at the end of my line was a 20+ lbs ....carp, yep one of willys finest! the smell of that barbq quickly turned to that of rose fertilizer. just goes to show ....ya know know what you'll catch, on any given day...c.b. :cheers:

[ 06-12-2003, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: chillybones ]

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
Too funny!
A freind and I got together at Klamath Lake inspired by the prospect of lunker trout about 15 years ago. After trolling for a few hours his rod takes a dive and a massive fight was on. As he fought the fish he told me that he always wanted a big fish to have mounted. He explained what the mount would look like, where it was going to be mounted and how it was going to be mentioned in his will. Well, you can guess what happened. As the fish approached after an epic battle we soon saw one huge Sucker at the end of his line. :laugh: We laughed so hard and we still do telling the story over a few brews every so often.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
What C.B. didn't say was that carp was caught in the fin. He couldn't have gotten away no matter what!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts