IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
due to raving recomendations from some trusted anglers, I picked one of these xstream rods up at fishermans(the 6-12 line, casting model). I used it on the deschutes and sandy a couple times and loved the sensitivity and the way it handled fish.

I broke down today and picked up another one in the 10-20 model and can't wait to drift fish it for springers. they are so sensitive yet load up real nice for handling.

check one out if ya can, I enjoy it a bit more then my lami's.

they are 120$ but I heard the "day after thanksgiving sale" will have them at a steal of a price. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Thumbs up here too. My first day out with my two piece 8' 6", 15 to 40 I hooked into an oversized Sturgeon...probably 8'(never measured it) :blush: .
I played the fish for nearly an hour, often times worrying about the rod. The fish faught so hard the tip piece turned 180 degress (now I know why 1 piece rods are better), however, the rod performed flawlessly. :cheers: Several times during the fight I was waiting for the rod to explode. :shrug:
Two thumbs up for WW Grigg... :dance: (edit: Sorry, ifish does not allow non sponsor contact web addresses.)
Troy

[ 11-12-2003, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
454 Posts
Can you please tell a little more about the Xstream rods? I didn't see anything on the WW Grigg site about them. They are made by WW Grigg is that correct? Is there a list out there somewhere that has model numbers and lengths?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Willow Drifter
Extreem rods are made for Fisherman Marine Supply by WW Grigg. They also make a lesser model called the Northriver. The difference is the Graphite composite.
Grigg also makes a special line for Sportsman Warehouse...can't remember the name.
Hope that helps?
Troy

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, I think it'll be 89$ again on "the day after thanksgiving sale"

120$ marked down to 89$ is a great sale for these rods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts