IFish Fishing Forum banner
1901 - 1920 of 2010 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
The weather was not that bad for military flyover of Red Square for parade. A story is circulating that Putin cancelled it for fear of a plane strike on him. It would have been the greatest "kamikazi" of all time. Kamikazne

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
OR a hand held missile strike on one of his planes, lol. Besides being terrified of a successful democracy next door in Ukr.and the obvious geographic appeal of Ukr., take a look at the Russian pipelines that transit Ukr, and for which Russia pays billions in fees every year. So there's not only fear, but also greed and envy..

Not sure this link will work, but just google "russian Gas Pipelines in Ukr, and you will get a feel for it. That eastern corridor would make him and his cronies extra billions per year as they also tap into the gas in the area.

His only friend will be little rocket man, and you can be sure Russia plays a major role in his aggressive nuke behavior. Oh to rid the world of tyrants in the nuclear age.

Here's a good one, Ukraine is Europe's energy aorta. I just read that Ukr may be "bleeding" some oil and gas to support their own war and populous subsistence.2014 article, just after the war started..

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
The weather was not that bad for military flyover of Red Square for parade. A story is circulating that Putin cancelled it for fear of a plane strike on him. It would have been the greatest "kamikazi" of all time. Kamikazne
Y’know... I saw the blurb about the weather being too bad for that big plane to fly over, so I went and looked again at the pics of the ceremony... blue sky and puffy clouds!

·
Registered
21,639 Posts
Y’know... I saw the blurb about the weather being too bad for that big plane to fly over, so I went and looked again at the pics of the ceremony... blue sky and puffy clouds!
The thing with Russia, China, N Korea, Iran, etc. is you don't need to believe what their government media says....you just need to pretend that you believe it. Or else.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Ooops, another backfire. Finland has UK backing while they go through the NATO admissions process. And we all know what UK backing means. It just sounds better coming from them. Finland and Sweden have property stout, well trained and technologically advanced militaries. Good allies.
Reading Intel reached an agreement to meet domestic needs for high end weapons such as the Javelin.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Ooops, another backfire. Finland has UK backing while they go through the NATO admissions process. And we all know what UK backing means. It just sounds better coming from them. Finland and Sweden have property stout, well trained and technologically advanced militaries. Good allies.
Reading Intel reached an agreement to meet domestic needs for high end weapons such as the Javelin.
Yep! Not quite what Putin was thinking, probably. Although Finland (and Sweden) aren't currently members of NATO, they both have pretty much been in lock step with them. Apparently they pretty much meet the requirements for membership.

I welcome them both!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Finland, Sweden, Norway.... these are my people, genetically speaking. Buncha pickled-fish eating degenerates... haha... no, I of course have only good feelings for that whole region, and it’s people, and how they’ve run themselves (relatively civilized, rational, and low-drama). I say welcome aboard, we are stronger with you!

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Familiar look for Russian tank columns.
Once a Javelin etc.. finds its way into the hull of a T82 or T90, the Russians autoloading shell armory take care of the rest. What a waste of humanity. At 2:30 it looks, watch closely, like part of a turret was at least 300-400 ft skyward.. I'll take an Abrams, with protective armory shields, any day.
Speculation on my part, but it looked like maybe canon fire was providing cover for hand held rocket teams, as there is some cover in the area.. Some of the fields in this region make shotr/mid range rockets of little use, but this location did have some cover. I hope I'm wrong and the Ukr Howitzer teams are that good. They will get there.
Listened to an interview with Russia's Amb. to France who said Rus would settle for the land bridge and a demilitarized Ukr. Looking like a long haul. I's assume all Ukr. RR's are heavily protected with anti missile and aircraft teams.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Wow. I cannot imagine the horror of being trapped in an armored vehicle, with bad visibility, confined to a road, in a strange and hostile land, while things blow up all around you until.... bright light.

I hope that somehow, some way, Mr. Putin gets to experience that kind of horror of imminent death. Hitler committing suicide in a bunker comes to mind.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
That Post article takes the cake as an all time propaganda low. Russia has taken out countless hospitals, clinics, schools and even maternity wards using dumb bombs and missiles, and even cluster missiles on urban areas., Even Orwell would be shocked.
Another option would be for Putin to visit the combat lines, perhaps in the protection the lead T72 in an urban area, lol..
But seriously, what if he did die? Is there any reason to believe his successor would look for a way out? Interesting to think about, as he wont be around forever, hopefully not that much longer. The kleptocrats aren't going to give up their power and riches, but a kinder and gentler Russia would act to their benefit. As I understand it, however, the only people Putin trusts are his fellow "Security service" chums and they may not be likely to change course.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Wow. I cannot imagine the horror of being trapped in an armored vehicle, with bad visibility, confined to a road, in a strange and hostile land, while things blow up all around you until.... bright light.

I hope that somehow, some way, Mr. Putin gets to experience that kind of horror of imminent death. Hitler committing suicide in a bunker comes to mind.
With these shaped charges the entire armor is penetrated with white hot BOOM, it is quick, and don't think you have time to think about it.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Read today that adding members to NATO requires unanimous consent of the 30 members, and Turkey is or has expressed displeasure with Finland and Sweden joining. Would they really block them from joining?! These are my PEOPLE! 😂

To an earlier post, the defense agreement Finland just signed with the UK kind of moots the point anyway... they are essentially in NATO.

I gotta think they don’t block it. Guessing there’s a lot of behind the scenes placating and/or arm twisting going on. (on that note, I am appreciative of how the US has “presented” during all this- a lot going on behind the scenes, stuff that I think is usually best handled like that. I like the lack of leaks, personality clashes, and drama.)

1901 - 1920 of 2010 Posts