IFish Fishing Forum banner
2681 - 2700 of 2764 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I think, bit not sure, that Turkey was satisficed Sweden wont support "terrorists" anymore, ie, the Kurds, one of our most trusted allies in the fight against ISIS. So it goes. Turkey wants control of sort of a DMZ in N Syria where the Kurds dream of a home country. Parts of Iraq, Syria and Turkey "Kurdistan " in that region should have been part of the post WWI settlement, but for my money, national lines and territories should be seen as fixed, by all. Otherwise it's just more and more war.
Ukraine regaining some territory, but not where we expected. These guys are warriors.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Hope counter attacks pick up momentum.

The idea that Ukraine would intentionally kill it own soldiers who fought bravely in a Russian prison is not even worth commenting on. Complete propaganda as evidenced by the comments posted.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I know, ***, Amnesty International stands to get even more civilians killed. The Russian media will be airing this on RT 24/7 as an excuse for bombing more cities. This was a petunia of epic proportions. Someone needs to be fired before they loose any donors they may have left. OR better yet, spend a week in the trenches with white phosphorous raining down every night.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
If I had to be a Russian tanker I'd park it out in the open then go hide. Pretty sure that's happening a lot now. The autoloading Russian tanks leaves the poor tank crew surrounded by hot ammo. At least our tank designers made for a separate weapons bay behind the crew. US doctrine, a well trained crew is worth more than the tank. Russian doctrine, turret tosses and wicked hot secondary ammo fires. Recruit more kids from rural areas and tell them they will be heroes.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I get the distinct impression they like their Javelins. :) I still marvel at Putin throwing what has to be billions of dollars worth of armor straight into a hornet’s nest of NLAWS and Javelins. Yeah, that didn’t go well.

I think it presages the end of armor. Imagine the next generation of Javelin-type weapons; longer range, even better targeting, etc. Not to mention death from above via cheap drone. Of course we’ll still be making tanks ourselves in vast quantities I’m sure.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
Zelenskiy seeking 'direct talks' with China's Xi to help end Ukraine war

A very short article, with even less information. But even so, wouldn't it make sense for Ukraine to go directly to the puppet master? Without China, even Putin knows he doesn't stand a chance.

Like I said, the article (if you want to call it that), was devoid of any real detail. China could stop this in a minute by telling junior Hi+ler to get back in his box. That's not going to happen. China has their own plans, which are starting to become clear.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The new CBS Reports documentary, "Arming Ukraine," explores why much of the billions of dollars of military aid that the U.S. is sending to Ukraine doesn't make it to the front lines: "Like 30% of it reaches its final destination." Stream now: cbsn.ws/3oV6hz5

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
You are starting to see the media shift on Ukraine. Russia has defeated Ukraine and will control the Donbas this month. They will then rebuild forces and start annexing other territory.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
You are starting to see the media shift on Ukraine. Russia has defeated Ukraine and will control the Donbas this month. They will then rebuild forces and start annexing other territory.
Just Curious? What war are you watching? Russia hasn’t come close to defeating Ukraine. And you can’t rebuild what you don’t have.:unsure:🇺🇲

·
Registered
14,739 Posts
The new CBS Reports documentary, "Arming Ukraine," explores why much of the billions of dollars of military aid that the U.S. is sending to Ukraine doesn't make it to the front lines: "Like 30% of it reaches its final destination." Stream now: cbsn.ws/3oV6hz5
Maybe it was something to do with the fact that it's not money being sent but the value of the weaponry that's being sent.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I 100% disagree with this assessment/prediction, just putting it on the record.

Before this started, a prior POTUS declared Putin a “genius” when he called his troops peacemakers and moved some into disputed parts of Donbas. It was not genius, was it? You’re doing something similar here- giving validity to a sham. It was an utterly transparent “paperwork” move on its face. It had then, and has now, zero bearing on the on-the-ground realities.

He may try to hold a sham referendum and declare an “annexation”, but it’s just same poop, different day. It does give his de-facto supporters, in Russia and elsewhere, something to crow about I guess. In that sense it helps clarify who’s rootin’ for whom.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Just Curious? What war are you watching? Russia hasn’t come close to defeating Ukraine. And you can’t rebuild what you don’t have.:unsure:🇺🇲
The real one not the one approved by the US media, war industrial complex. What else do you call it when a country loses control all of is eastern border and the majority of its valuable natural resources? Ukraine is about to lose the heart of its military power. I don’t see them reversing it. On top of that the sanctions failed and Europe is buckling.

“Maybe it was something to do with the fact that it's not money being sent but the value of the weaponry that's”. Makes one wonder why they killed RPauls proposal for accountability on aid. 😉

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
The Ukrainians are just getting warmed up and better equipped.
Putin's brilliant 4 day plan to kill Zelensky and take over Ukraine is on day 164.
Where is Putin going to find highly motivated people to fight his war?

How good a job is Russia's media doing to inform its citizens about their boys fighting in Putin's war?

·
Registered
170 Posts
With the limited lies I get to hear about ....looks like Russia 's slow walk through Ukraine could be to minimize infrastructure and resource damage. China may follow a similar game plan with Taiwan. I'm guessing that's why the strategic nukes haven't been use, the "War in Ukraine Series" would have barely made one episode. They need a hill to conquer, not a asteroid landing pad. The Russian people have been saturated daily with "NATO is on our doorstep" so they may still have a little motivation. The Zelensky Movie is interesting but with the twists and turns I can't quite figure out the plot. I'm sure it has to do with the "Power & Money" thing but...? Oh yeah and if China dumps the dollar.........?

Meanwhile I'll flip the channel back to "As The World Burns".

Reactions: B. Coastal

·
Registered
754 Posts
The real one not the one approved by the US media, war industrial complex. What else do you call it when a country loses control all of is eastern border and the majority of its valuable natural resources? Ukraine is about to lose the heart of its military power. I don’t see them reversing it. On top of that the sanctions failed and Europe is buckling.

“Maybe it was something to do with the fact that it's not money being sent but the value of the weaponry that's”. Makes one wonder why they killed RPauls proposal for accountability on aid. 😉
Coincidence the first person who came to mind for the Griner prisoner swap was Viktor Bout? A lot of hardware will soon be hitting the black market on both sides, who better to have selling that than someone with a "little black book".

·
Registered
170 Posts
Coincidence the first person who came to mind for the Griner prisoner swap was Viktor Bout? A lot of hardware will soon be hitting the black market on both sides, who better to have selling that than someone with a "little black book".
"Merchant of Death" swap for "Basketball Player" ...like our previous trade negotiations.

2681 - 2700 of 2764 Posts