IFish Fishing Forum banner
2661 - 2680 of 2764 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I think it’s the latter. Burned steel has a certain look to it and that’s the look.

I bet scrap metal prices are loooow in Ukraine! Both ferrous and non-ferrous. Saw a video of a guy collecting spent brass Russian artillery casings. He was carrying one over each shoulder and they looked heavy.

Reactions: dirtman

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Pretty horrific, that Reuters collage. too bad they don't see that in Moscow or St P.
The barbaric war crimes are piling up. Video yesterday of a AFU soldier surrendering, laying prostrate, hands tied. Russian soldier pulls his pants down and castrates him, then proudly boot crushes his skull. Only problem, he was quickly id'd on social media, his home town and actual house located. He probably ought to take his leave elsewhere, if he survives. Probably a psychopathic criminal released from prison to serve.
According to Denys Davidoff, Russians reported that Himars hit a prison killing 50 Azoff Battalion prisoners. An obvious lie, and murder of prisoners by the Russians.
The problem the AFU has in countering is Russians embed themselves with citizens in places like Kherson. AFU don't want to kill it's own and they have been telling people to get out any way they can for a month or more. They have active intel and insurgency assets there who have killed several imposter local government officials. They used a switchblade to get two of them the other day as they were getting into their car..
Probably only gets uglier from here.

Now thee Russians claim the AFU wanted to kill the Azoff prisoners because they were telling of AFU war crimes to the Russians, yeah right. They murder their own for some bs conspiracy theory. And what war crimes did the Azoff commit defending Mariupol? Defies logic. Anything is possible in the fog of war, and the Russians might have conceivably moved the prisoners into a recent weapons depot , BUT the excuse that the AFU would murder their own to silence them pretty much tells all I need to hear. AND I'd like to know how many Russian prison guards were killed in this event. This is likely a war atrocity of unthinkable magnitude. .I don't think surrendering to these animals is gonna be an option. My guess, the Russians are mad as hell about Himars and are looking for whipping posts. Disgusting. Unfathomable. Train the AFU on F 15's and 16's.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
"Defeating " Russia. It's a problem, their logistical advantages, oil money... and if faced with such humiliation....nukes. Hard to say how this ends, but we need to stay the course and arm the crap out of Ukraine. The atrocities are growing, so maybe an inflection point is possible. but I hope they are training them in our F16's and 15's. F22's and 35's? Would take a long time and is high risk.
Interesting interview with Moldova's PM today. These countries want nothing to do with Russia.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Massive NATO air exercise held over Romania Romania is right next to Moldova (which is not in NATO and Russia has said it would like to have). If NATO airpower (including the US) ever went full-on against Russia, it would be over in about 6 hours, IMHO.
Yah less than 6 hours as the ICBM's have less than an hour flight, all 5000+ of them, EACH. Couple EMP nukes over America and we're in the Stone-Age. I wish you guys would settle down on this Hollyweird crap and realize we're facing a species ending scenario IF these war-monger MIC/Deep State ******** keep pushing and there is ONE mistake. DUDH

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
Yah less than 6 hours as the ICBM's have less than an hour flight, all 5000+ of them, EACH. Couple EMP nukes over America and we're in the Stone-Age. I wish you guys would settle down on this Hollyweird crap and realize we're facing a species ending scenario IF these war-monger MIC/Deep State **** keep pushing and there is ONE mistake. DUDH
All it takes to end this all, is Russia moving back to its original borders. Crimea included. It's not that complicated.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
The Russian propagandist kind of lost me by starting out with there is no America..

Also we must remember "the actual original goal" was to overwhelm Ukraine in four days, kill Zelensky and installing a Vichy Russian government.

So if anyone is to be "thrown under the under the bus" for failing at great cost both human, financially, and with long lasting international consequences for an illegal invasion, we have a winner - Vladimir Putin

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Impact of sanctions. Russia paints a much different picture of course. Biggest issues are capital outflow, slowing sales of goods, lack of access to chips and brain drain. Although the currency looks good, it's artificially propped and Russia is having to sell oil and gas at a discount to new customers like China and India and the infrastructure isn't there to get it there. He almost always ends his pods with potential settlement scenarios, and he pokes fun at himself at the end of this one..

·
Registered
Troller. Explorer, Marlin curious.
15,447 Posts
Frontline on PBS last night did a show on Kharkiv and the people there, what they experience daily and how they are coping. If you live there and have no car there is no way to leave for a safer place. The family they follow work in the fire brigade and ambulance service so they are right in the destruction every day.

I can't imagine living like that. It was hard to watch.

Reactions: salmo_g

·
Registered
Troller. Explorer, Marlin curious.
15,447 Posts
Your website is biased. Much of the info posted there is not accurate. FWIW National Interest is Military industrial complex interest. Look out for GoBankingrate, Business Insider, National Review and a few others too. Yes the other post on the battery (we are polarized like a battery, by design) has their disinformation outlets also. Just realize that for the most part we are being pushed hard to hate the 'other' and programmed to be tribal. A divided population is easier to control.

"We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.", Ben Franklin

If you want to turn it around and terrify the money pulling the levers behind the scenes, start working together and send those jack holes packing.

Reactions: Pacific Fisher

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Russia trying to regain some steam in the east. Yesterday in Moscow a woman on a bus filmed a man who had lost his legs trying to get on the city bus. He was denied and two guys with baseball bats steered him away. Pretty clear they don't want signs of war injury in the cities. Another huge weapons' depot explosion last night, apparently where they unload trains or the train itself. In response? Destruction of massive port sunflower oil silos, and I mean huge. What a waste. So while one grain ship got out so far, there may not be much left to export by the time the Russians are done with the ports.

·
Registered
14,545 Posts
Think Finland and Sweden were just voted into NATO. Almost unanimously.

2661 - 2680 of 2764 Posts