IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2010 Posts

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putin invaded Ukraine today and then later said on Russian TV and I quote
"Whoever tries to interfere with us, and even more so, to create threats for our country, for our people, should know that Russia's response will be immediate and will lead you to such consequences that you have never experienced in your history".

·
Registered
8,583 Posts
When we started importing oil instead of exporting it we fueled Russia 's war chest. One sanction we could do is go back to producing oil and exporting it. Putin's money train would dry up in a hurry.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
My biggest concern with this "incursion" is that it will be met will Neville Chamberlain type resistance. First Ukraine, then....?

And of course the worst case scenario. A détente with the CCP. There goes Taiwan. Any of these countries alone are a formidable foe. Together, they may be unstoppable.

Get out and enjoy as much as you can now. The future is certainly in peril.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
And of course the worst case scenario. A détente with the CCP. There goes Taiwan.
China's already blaming the US for this disaster. I'm sure they're completely innocent themselves. :whistle:

My biggest concern with this "incursion" is that it will be met will Neville Chamberlain type resistance.
"Peace in our time!!" Meanwhile, there goes the Caucasus.....

·
Super Moderator
9,327 Posts
Please keep this thread open. There are times that we need to close threads, but not now.
This thread has been reported. Of course war is political, but if you all want to discuss it leave the political comments out and report them if they occur. We will promptly remove them, but it will close if it gets out of hand. It’s up to you, Thanks

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Lines will be redrawn on the maps. Ukraine is part of Russia again, hopefully Russia stops with Ukraine and doesnt decide to take Poland and a few other European countries while Putin is expanding. China will be reclaiming Taiwan by the end of the year. America will watch it all happen while reading a teleprompter saying what a tough stance we took, the sanctions that were lifted might be re-imposed but I doubt it, to many skeletons in the closet to keep in the closet. Innocent people dying as I type :(:(

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
According to reports, Russia pays Ukraine 2 Billion a year for the pipeline that runs through the country.
The world knew 7 years ago after the Crimea invasion (month of February also) the rest would follow.
Oil up $6 a Barrel so far today alone

God Bless Our Troops

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Lines will be redrawn on the maps. Ukraine is part of Russia again, hopefully Russia stops with Ukraine and doesnt decide to take Poland and a few other European countries while Putin is expanding. China will be reclaiming Taiwan by the end of the year. America will watch it all happen while reading a teleprompter saying what a tough stance we took, the sanctions that were lifted might be re-imposed but I doubt it, to many skeletons in the closet to keep in the closet. Innocent people dying as I type :(:(
Exactly, nothing surprising what is happening now. Putin wants to reclaim what the USSR lost years ago. As far as Taiwan---- a deal is a deal and china leased it out for 100 years, time has been up for a while now.

1 - 20 of 2010 Posts