IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to build a wood pram this winter as kind of a father son project with my Dad. Anyone have a source for plans? I'd prefer not to get a kit--mostly because of the cost. Unless, of course, if someone knows about some lower cost kits? We'd be looking at building an 8' pram of the one man variety. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Look up Woody on the Salty Dogs forum. He is a builder of wooden boats (hence the moniker) and is planning to build a dory this winter. I think he has done lots of searching for wooden boat plans and will probably have lots to share.

Besides, he's a really nice guy. :cheers:

Good luck.

Skein

·
Registered
19,912 Posts
Ray's river dorys used to have a real nice wood pram in a kit form. Maybe you can get the plans for one.

Free

·
Registered
186 Posts
you might also look at the tracy o'brien website. He has lots of different boats, and i think even a pram. Ray's river dories are also plans to look at. Along with don hill mini-drifter plans. Do a search on the internet or go the the Wooden boat forum, lots of answers there too. Hope this helps.
chumsalmon

·
Registered
348 Posts
Bubzilla,

Type in www.glenl.com They have lots of plans and they are not to expensive....They also sell kits to make it a little easier...Check it out.

Go to boat designs and click on the 7' to 12' sailboat plans. I personally like the "centerfold" design.

Have Fun and Good Luck
SH

[ 11-08-2003, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Steelhead Hound ]

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Besides, he's a really nice guy.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">:blush: :blush: :blush:
Awww shucks, you're alright too Skein. :laugh:

So Bub, you want to build a boat, huh. I'm warning you, it's a very addicting hobby. As for plans, Go with Glen-L, without a doubt. After looking around on their site, you may even decide on something other than a pram. LOTS, of plans to choose from!!

Stitch and glue is a very easy boatbuilding technique to begin with. Don't be afraid of traditional plywood on frames, though.

If you have any questions choosing a plan, or if you need help along the way, just ask.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts