IFish Fishing Forum banner

Wood driftboat (new look pictures)

525 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Sore Back 
#1 ·
The reason why myself and my fishing buddy(the bear) havent been out on the rivers.It started with a phone call, what do you want to do today?Im not really sure why, but out of my mouth said, let refinish the boat. So After many hours of sanding and a couple coats of coat-it on the bottom here's what we came up with. Oh yea, and this was only the outside, still have to do the inside, but with the columbia going to open up Im not sure when were going to get to it. In the mean time, think we will try to do it in fish blood for now. Maybe some of you have seen us out there, take note, no more red stripe :party:reallY hated that stripe, now its green.Feel to say hi if you see us out on the water. Also would like to say that our thoughts and prayers go out to all that we aboard the taki-tooo

See less See more
#4 ·
Did you build her from scratch?
I built one once-I miss it.

Nice job.

"Six days shalt thou labor and do all thou art able,
And on the seventh holystone the deck and scrape the cable"
Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)

#5 ·
Wish we could take credit, but that belongs to the real craftsman at http://raysriverdories.com/ shes around 20 yrs old. We have only hade her 2yrs, as I look at the photos kinda hard to tell much of a change, but really its a huge diffrence. The bottom was covered with a sheet of UHMW that was lifting up, causing drag.Took that off, Now it has two coats of coat-it as smooth as a babys,well you know. We cant wait to take her down the river, but for now we will put the 8hp on and go try the columbia. See you on the water.
chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.