IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal. The wife and I want to go hit Crescent Lake or Odell Lake. The wife has to work half a day on Thursday. Our hope is that I pick her up with boat in tow downtown around 11 am. We want to beat feet to Crescent Lake. Figure we can be there around 2:30. What are the chances of finding a camp site where we can pitch a tent. None of the campgrounds take reservations. First come, first serve. The busiest camping weekend of the year, and to top it off, the weather is supposed to be nice.

What do you think? Do you think there will be camping spots available? I guess the other option is that I drive over Wednesday evening, find a site, pitch the tent and spend the night. Drive back Thursday morning, pick up the wife and the boat and head back. Not really keen on the extra 6 hours of driving.

I guess we could try Crescent, Odell could be our back up. Any other suggestions on places to go?

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Even Wednesday night might be tough this week. If you have a second car, it would be cheaper (gas) to take the boat with you and have her drive separately. Then you could spend the day "scouting" the good fishing spots so that you will be ready when your wife gets there.

jmo,
D.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but not an option. Wife can't drive due to medical issues. Really wondering if we won't scrap it for another time. I would hate to get drive up there with no place to stay.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
brshooter,

I don't know if it will help but here is the phone number for the Odell lodge - 541-433-2540.
Maybe they can tell you what your chances are for getting a site.

Good luck,
D.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Camp out of boat and truck?
A little shore time in the picnic grounds or just on shore somewhere?
Just a thought...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Camp out of boat and truck?
A little shore time in the picnic grounds or just on shore somewhere?
Just a thought...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts