IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is opening day of deer season in Wisconsin, I’m hunting at my brothers farm on 80 arces.
There is 2 food plots and 5 tree stands.
I was sitting in a tree stand 45min before light trying to stay warm. After light the squirrels were running everywhere, 45min after daylight I stood up to stretch while I was looking behind the tree stand I seen motion and there was a doe with a nice buck chasing her at 40yards. There was a few trees between us so I waited for 2min until I got a clear shot at around 30yards! First shot was behind the front shoulder and the buck started to run, second shot was in the neck and the buck dropped. A 100yard drag downhill into the turnip field then into the farm truck. I had a great hunt the buck is hanging in the barn, I’m going to boil the head so I can bring it back to Oregon. My first whitetail Thanks for reading !!!
Elk Light Wood Deer Plant

Head Eye Natural material Deer Wood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Wood

Terrestrial animal Road surface Asphalt Soil Wildlife

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
(Secret spot) Wisconsin, I was shooting a Kimber 6.5 creedmoor, Hornady 143gr ELD-X. My brother was shooting a 280cal Ruger M77 Mark 2, Hand loaded 180gr accubond. My brother who owns the farm still has his buck tag he is shooting a xbolt 325wsm, we all still have 2doe tags each. We did a drive today and jumped 1 buck and 3does.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, is all can say :oops:. Yes I was hunting private property, sounds like I gave out (sailor’s) tree stand coordinates. Sorry buddy I’ll remove the location we hunted!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts