IFish.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter Steelhead like herring and salt scent too.

You plunkers and backbouncers try it on a small spin n' glo, a two inch chartuese hoochie sitting on top of the hook and eggs. Use two or three small beads below the spin n' glo, so the fish can grab the bait and hook.

Egg loop hook. Drop the hoochie, tenacles down, straight down the leader on top of the hook. Add the two or three small beads. Add the spin n' glo. Thumbnail size eggs in the eggloop. Coat it all with scent.

Sliding dropper 8 to 18 inches works for me. Adjust dropper length and leader size/length as needed for the water conditions.

Plunk, backbounce, or even drift fish away. :smile: We have killed them plunking from the bank and backbouncing in a boat with this rig.

Thumper, this one works too. :wink:

Post some pictures. :grin:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Thanks ******, You always give so much helpful information to Ifish; along with so many other Ifish members
:bowdown: . That’s why Ifish is a great place for the novice (like myself) to find new techniques. :cheers: .... Ross

·
Registered
462 Posts
Thanks for the tip ******.
I've been using a similiar setup, but have not used the beads below the spin-glo........is this the reason I have missed so many hookups. Get slammed, set the hook......and NADA!

Makes sense....

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I was taught to always use a corkie / spin-n-glo smaller than the throat of the hook below it so that when the corkie pulls past the jaw it doesn't open the mouth bigger than the hook. Nanooks idea of spacing it with beads sounds good too. Thanks for the info - I'll give it a shot. :cheers:

Also, do you guys use multiple hooks on your bait rigs (second, smaller hook slightly below the bait setup described by ******)?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey nook, thanks for the tip. I might try that. :dance:

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Beefcake, I was going to suggest that. I don't ever back bounce for steel but do alot for nooks. When I do, I use a stinger about 6 inches below the hook with the bait on it. I have been using the same set up as ****** posted here with the stinger for a few years and it works great. Thanks for posting a great tip ******......
:wink:

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Any other colors work? Pinks,glow(
),oranges or greens?

How about a chunk of prawn(I think that's how UG does it for springers,if I remember his pics correctly), or sandhrimp?

Sounds like a fish whacking set up to me. :bowdown:

Chris :cool:

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHYYYEEAAAAHHHH....Busy tonight. :cheers:

·
Registered
938 Posts
We use to run a similar rig on the Clack. Double hook rig. Slide two small corkies down then pull a glow/blue squid hoochie over the corkies. We used this on a bait diver rig. Worked great and the fish hooked up on the take rather than having to wait for them to eat a shrimp. Tried other colors of hoochies...nope, they liked the blue!

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Have done the same nuttin but, on the clack.Have done well with clear hoochies with pink or green corkies.Craw/anise scent.
R.R.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Chris - yes, works well. Pink prawn tail. :grin: Ever plunked Eagle Creek? :shocked:

UG

[ 11-27-2003, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Uglygreen ]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts