IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard what this years winter steelhead predictions are going to be? I fish the Sandy and Clackamas Rivers. If there is a website or someone has heard, please let me know. Thanks.
NS

·
Registered
43 Posts
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife is perdicting a small return this year. I don't know if I can trust that though because last year they said it was going to be incredible and I didn't think it was all that great. I donno, but I can't wait. Only a couplke more weeks and we can start. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Predictions can be un-predictable!

In all seriousness, the Clack and Sandy will not have much going on until after New Years. The big December runs are a thing of the past, due to the new broodstock approach on hatchery production.

It seems as if ocean survival has been great lately...maybe the key factor will be if the juveniles had enough water to get out to the ocean???

HC

[ 11-06-2003, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: half canuck ]

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
But I have never caught a winter steelhead under 17 lbs. on a fly rod and I hope to change that this year.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">TC,

Nothing under 17 lbs??? Where are you fishing...i'm going with you this year :grin:

-jokester

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
It will be somewhat of an indication or gauge of the three salt fish survival for next year's salmon fishing.

SKP

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I don't know anything about the official predictions.

But I have never caught a winter steelhead under 17 lbs. on a fly rod and I hope to change that this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts