IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished 14 hrs on Fri with Skrimmy and a friend from Pennsylvannia and NO hookups. Only 2nd time ever skunked at the wind in about 10 years. Saw very few taken(about 20) and congrats to Mr Wu(fishing with Fear No Fish) on 2 hookups at daylight and 2 fish. Hope it improves as I know we were doing everything right. Just not much of a bite I guess as we marked about 500 fish. The company was great and Skrimmy we will do it again in the next 2 weeks bro.

·
Registered
608 Posts
NWJf,

Moon effect??

Above Mcnary in the fall, FNF usually knocks 'em dead (steelhead) during the full moon at night.

I was wondering, if the fish are more active at night when there's a full moon, are they far less active during the respective daylight hours??

The moon was approx full the end of the week.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
My wife was one of the lucky ones on Friday. She got a beauty of a Springer, 21#!!!
Guess I know what for Easter Dinner, Yum Yum!! :smile:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
No Wishin' - Thanks for a great day, even if we were among the masses that went home still wishin! But, "just fishin" we certainly had down pat. 14 hours we fished hard, well, except for that little half hour catnap! I've never seen so many fish on a fish finder and so many of them with lockjaw. There had to be well over 200 boats, 500 plugs in the water, and 20 fish caught.

Congrats to Fishing is Life (James)who probably had the only limit on the river. Even his host, the infamous Steelhead Slayer of McNary, Fear No Fish went fishless. Nice to meet you there Steve!
Dat's a NICE BOAT ya got there.

No Wishin - We'll definitely have to do it again, I had a great time and that's one comfortable fish slaying machine, I'd ride in it anytime again. The company was great, and fish or no fish, we all had a great time.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I made it to windriver for the first time Saturday. What a zoo! Up at 2:30, left house at
3:15, met up with partners & were at the ramp at 4:45 to wait in line.

Not many fish being caught, atleast not for the amount of boats. We did get lucky and landed one and had one get off.

Seems like a good place to stay away from on the weekends. Sure wish I had a couple days off during the week to go try again.

Wind picked up pretty good, some people just troll across everyones lines & get everyone tangled. Lines at the ramp all day long. Wasn't the most enjoyable fishing. :depressed:

We moved up to Drano for a couple hours before going home. No wind, sun was out- NICE!
Trolling near the bridge was almost impossible, bottle neck of boats and bank fishermen casting nearly across the channel. A guide was sitting near the bridge making congestion even worse, but they had the only fish that we saw.

After all that, I still want to go back, hopefully with a couple hundred less people and alot more fish biting! Is there a good time to be there or did I already miss it? :whazzup: -Steve

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Don't feel bad! That's these damn springers...that's why we love 'em so much, they're so finicky at times. It was VERY slow all weekend. We fished until 1:00 on Sat for one 21# fish and again a half of a day on Sunday for nada! I saw 6 fish netted on sunday and another 6 being drug around (what's with draggin' your fish?).

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Kyle, nice seeing you down there.
It was on the slow side, I fished thur-sat and we boated 10 from 14#-26#. Thursday was our best day with 5 in the box.

On saturday we did hit a couple on herring (first one's in a couple weeks for us)... nice to get bit on bait, as almost everyone is pulling plugs.....speakin of plugs, so far we've boated 29 this year on new Magnum Fatfish. :cheers:

I'll see you down there this week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts