IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been to the Wind this week? I am trying to decide where to fish this weekend and would appreciate any recent info. Thanks. :cool:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I didn't make it up all year.

How sad.

I think it closes at the end of the month though. The fish were running into July last year, but that was a late run. This year might be different. If you do go, aim high. Like right before the hatchery high.

It's a nice drive even if you don't catch anything. If it doesn't pan out you could always head back down to the Sandy on the way home.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I was there last week end and it was slow. Too many fishing and not enough fish. Went to the hatchery and they said the run came 2 weeks ago of course. Wow the hatchery people even talk to you and actually entertain questions. Not the usual hatchery visit. The fish they had they were keeping for a open house event they were having. If you are looking for good river hikes and little fishing it is worth the trip.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Just got back from the canyon. Not a soul in sight. I had a decent report from yesterday, but we only had one on today. Saw a few fish here and there, but not too much going on. Fished from mile marker 7 up to the falls above. Looked a few may have been picked up this morning, judging by the fresh blood on the rocks.

Analfin
:wink: It is possible to fish without snagging. :tongue: :grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts