IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been the hot boat at the Wind the last week. In eight days we boated 32 Springers and 1 Steelhead, between 3 of us. Mag warts have been the ticket at 30 pulls. We even scored a double on one morning and landed them both.I will be back at the Wind Friday night. Now is the time to be there!

[ 04-15-2003, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: FEAR NO FISH! ]

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
geeeeez! only 32 springers!!! I'd hate to have that many under my belt. So yuo can run 30 pulls in traffic. Never done the wind in my boat, need to try it out. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
30 pulls is only 60 feet. If the crowds are thick move to where the fish are! We got out of the slot and moved to the cabin and bingo!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More Chrome from the Wind!

[ 04-15-2003, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: FEAR NO FISH! ]

·
Registered
360 Posts
Is anything happening yet up in the canyon? Are there any fish being caught in the trap? Just curious if they are that far along. Thanks

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I know that Drano lake has bank access.

Is a Washington license required for the Wind River?

Cheerio'
Skipper

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
FNF-
any special tricks on the Mag's for the chinook?
You go to elaborate lengths on the steelhead, any chance you do a similar setup on chinook?

Half Canuck

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
hey it was nice fishing next to you FNF.
Last week I went up there with Shakerfish and FNF let one by! :shocked: and I got it! :cool:
Nice fish guys

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
FNF..... as I've said before..... YOU DA'MAN!!! :cheers:

But you couldn't have been fishin' at the Wind. I saw the water in the picture! Where's the 3 foot rollers, and the sheep leapin' off the top of 'em? :grin:

I'm not goin' until the wind picks up!!! :rolleyes:

Tim :wink:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is awfully nice of you lower river fishermen to release the finned ones and even nicer that you don't fish for em! All the biters that you guys would catch are passing Bonny and coming thru the Wind area. I know that a couple of guys are fishing the Wind, up where the zoo soon will be. I like the glow trebles for Springers, size 2 Gamakatsu's and the same smelly jelly I outlined on the nocturnal Steelhead. The Springers are munching the heck out of it. I have one Magwart that has caught 17 Springers! It is my old favorite Reba!
Flourescent red with silver sparkles, clear bill!
My buddy has one too that has caught 10. My other buddy loves orange sherbert. He caught 6 on it. Change of plans, back at the Wind tomorrow! :cheers: Don't wait for the bad weather, the biters are in! :dance:

[ 04-15-2003, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: FEAR NO FISH! ]

·
Registered
264 Posts
Your second photo confirms for me that adipose fin clips are not required fishing the Wind. I probabaly released Wind River fish in the lower Columbia. I would like to catch the same fish again up there.

FNF have you been doing any night fishing or is it all day? :whazzup:

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
see ya there tomorrow dude. lets start the springer challenge early. i am gonna try to get the electric running tonight so i have a chance!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
And frankly, FNF..... I don't like being thrown into that "lower river fisher's" category.

I love them "lower fishers" (west of Bonny), and wish they were all my children (or not)... but I'm happy as "heck" that they're down there, and we're up here.... :grin:

If I've offended anyone.... I apologize in advance! :grin:

Tim..... tight lines...... :grin: :shocked: :smile:

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Steve,
As previously stated, You ROCK! When I run up to the Clearwater in May, I'll get with you and maybe you can come join us for a weekend of Chinookie Slaying. Keep posting the pix, for us poor chinook deprived folks...

·
Registered
206 Posts
FNF- Glad to hear you are going to be on the river tomarrow. So am I. Circumstances beyond my control kept me off for longer than I wanted :blush:
I hear you have been talking to my buddy who also has a sea hawk Gregor. I think we will both be there tomarrow. I am going to start out with that ugly fatfish I showed you last week; but will change quickly if no action.
Anyway, see ya tomarrow, and
Tight lines to everyone

·
Registered
14,816 Posts
FNF,

Thanks for the honest and informative report.

I'll be up there solo tomorrow since my so called fishing buddies have RESPONSIBILITIES

Seriously I just scheduled it and am going regardless.

Thanks again FNF for the report.

GRB

1 - 20 of 31 Posts