IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you guys fishing the mouth or are you fishing more in the columbia? If I put in at the wind river boat ramp do I need a WA fishing license thanks for the help Fishmore1

·
Registered
405 Posts
You do need a Washington lic. and the fishing is in the C/R at the mouth of the Wind, they have bouy's out in the C/R that mark the deadline. P.S. bring your own parking spot.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Martin 85 I bought a washintion tag on line but when I got it thay said I needed a harvest tag do you know of any were close to the wind were I can pick one up at thanks fishmore1

·
Registered
83 Posts
For Oregon residents you don't need a Washington liscense to fish the Mouth of the Wind. you can still put in at the boat ramp also. if you go about 200' up river past the boat ramp you'll need a Washington liscense. A buddy of mine called the WDFW office today and found that information out. Good luck fishing this weekend. :smile: :smile: :smile: Let me know how you did.

[ 04-17-2003, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: outfishem ]

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
outfishem.

I'd re check that info. The mouth of the wind river is Washington, and you'd need a Washington license to fish it. It's not considered part of the Columbia where an Oregon license will do. If they opened bonneville pool, you could fish with an Oregon or Washington license, but that's closed. I've never heard of a Oregon license working on the Wind, and I wouldn't want to risk the ticket.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I belive that inside the markers are wind river waters pre the regs and a washington liscense is needed as this is considered part of the wind river for spring fisshing as there are regs in the book addressing this section of the river
please please check this out and get names befor you risk fishing there 45$ for an outofstate liscense is cheap compared to the other possibe tickets

·
Registered
638 Posts
My co-worker also called Washington fish & game dept today and got the same answer, as long as fishing below the bouy markers you can fish with a Oregon License. I'll call again friday to get exact info and a name. Will post here again tomorrow. I'd rather pay for license than get a fine, thats why we made the call today. -Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts