IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to the wind yesterday, but the wind was blowing so hard it made it unfishable by our standards. saw a few boats out there though. Was wondering if anybody fished it yesterday or today did any good. Thanks in advance for the info. Also is there a website that you can find out the wind report in the gorge? :whazzup: :whazzup:

[ 04-23-2003, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: outfishem ]

·
Registered
147 Posts
the rigs that dont have boats on the end have boards on the top if you cant take the wind you dont fish much in the gorge. maybe thats why thay call it Wind River what do you think??????

it was a bit brezzy tuesday 20-25 mph but the west end cove is in a wind shadow when its like that out of the west do a search for "wind surfing in the gorge" and you got it made if not the nat.weather service does a fair job

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went up today it was pretty slow we picked up one the whole day. Indians have their nets in until Saturday. :depressed: :depressed:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had never fished the Wind River before but gave it a try on Wed. We started fishing at 7:15 and by 7:40 we had a chrome bright 22 pound springer in the boat. I would much rather be lucky than good. I called it right when I said that we should probably head home since it will most likely be our only fish for the next two days. The fish hit a metallic pinkish Fatfish plug. The place was crowded with approx 120 boats. The fishing was definitely very good though we never got another bump. There were many fish hit by boats trolling near us. We saw one boat limit with 4 fish and another with 5 and another with 3 fish. Most boats had at least one. Some of the fish were caught with herring but the vast majority were taken on orange or pink mag wiggle warts or something similar. The one boat that limited was using a chartruse/green wiggle wart.
This morning after about 1 1/2 hours of fighting the wind at appropriatly named Wind River, we went to Drano Lake. It was very crowded at the bridge where the river flows into the Columbia but that is where we saw the fish being caught. Trolled prawn spinners seemed to be the hot ticket there. I also saw one taken on a herring spinner. When we left about 1:00 pm the checker said that there had been 22 fish for 35 boats. There were still about 40 boats fishing, most of which did not have any fish.

Deepwater

1 - 5 of 5 Posts