IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrapped up my Springer season yesterday. My boat tallied 59 Springers. I got 27 of them. The three Mag warts that got my fish were: Reba, 19 Springers and 1 Steelhead. Orange sherbert, 6 Springers. Rainbow, 2 Springers. Here are some of the pictures of this season. The fella that is sleeping is the famous James Wu, Fishing is life. This is how he springer fishes!
:cheers:

[ 04-26-2003, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: FEAR NO FISH! ]

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Steve,
You continue to amaze me. I am truly not worthy... :bowdown: When I run up to the Clearwater, you have to come over and fish with us. I too want to be like FNF!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
FearNoFish,

Well...for a minute there I thought I was doing good with 8 springers between me and two of the kids <grin>.

Interesting on the plugs catching them vs. the herring, prawns and eggs on the Columbia and Willamette, though the plugs work in the Sandy River Chinook.

I wonder if it's a clear water issue. Sandy is very clear vs. Columbia and Willamette.

Brion

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brion,
90% of the fish caught at the Wind are caught on plugs. Of course 90% of the people fishing there pull plugs. Herring and prawn rigs account for 10%. Pulling plugs is really a no brainer, depth is pretty consistent. When the mudline moves in from the Columbia, the seam between the clear water of the Wind and the muddy water of the Columbia is a great place to nail em. :cheers:

·
Registered
206 Posts
FNF- Congratulations on a great springer season at the Wind

As I said on one of the earlier Wind River threads, I really enjoyed meeting you and putting a face to the name.

Thanks for the advice on the "reba" wiggle wart. It caught two of the 6 fish I have put in the boat, including the 29 lbr my buddy caught while on the bottom of my boat. You remember that :smile: ? He said only his pride was hurt. Two of the other fish we caught were on that ugly fatfish I showed you the first time we met.

I'm hoping for at least one more trip this week, but I've probably hung it up also :depressed: . Ended up with 6 fish for 3 trips.

:cool: Next Sat. I'm headed for a two week trip to the East Cape area in Baja Mexico to chase the stripped marlin, dorado, yellow fin tuna, and "what ever". If I can figure out their internet system, I'll try to post from down there like ugly green did from Zihuatanejo.

Tight lines to you, and everyone.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
FNF
We saw you out there the other day. You guys really do have that fishery dialed in. :cheers:

Glad to hear you did so well. We got a couple, but not like you. :bowdown:

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Good job Fear No Fish!!!

Again thank you for your posts and information, it helped me with a few springers!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
With 90% on plugs and 10% on herring and prawn rigs I better quit fishing the Wind with spinners. But then again, FNF may have missed seeing a fish or two caught.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
We spent a long day on the water Saturday with FIL.
The outfit is the same but I never saw him doze off once. Of course, we were back bouncing most of the time so it made it hard to sleep and not get hung up.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Actually Reeldick, i did doze off a little you just didnt see me and luckily i was surprised i did not get hung up. but since this was our first time fishing i did not want to look like a loser. I actually get too pumped to go fishing the night before fishing and i usually dont get to sleep till midnight. then with waking up at 3 am-4 am i get kind of sleepy during a long day. :blush:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats Wu-Tangs story and he's sticking to it. It couldn't have anything to do with all the food that he eats when he is fishing! He actually brings a picnic basket full of food! Should probably give him the nickname Yogi or maybe boo-boo! Peace you Hippie! Smallies were biting again today. :sleep:

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Fear no fish, thanks for having me in your boat for those fun days of fishing. I will get an incriminating photo of you someday when you least expect it.
you might have to give me one of those plugs to keep it off ifish. :wink: i think that day i got busted dozing off was on a two fish day.

I talked to a bud today who said there were 250-300 boats up there on Sat. :shocked:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
FEAR NO FISH,

Interesting. I hate bait and love plugs and spinners.

Like you say, when 90% of folks are fishing with a particular bait, that's what 90% of the fish are caught on. It's a classic chicken and egg, dilemma, are they using that bait because that's all they'll bite on or because that's what everybody else is using.

On the Wind, what depth are putting the plugs down to for Springers?

Brion

·
Registered
784 Posts
Steve, that is really incredible.
:bowdown:

I was looking forward to giving the Wind a try this weekend but the deal with the guide fell through at the last moment so I guess I won't get a chance at this great fishery this year. :depressed: Maybe I should have talked to folks to determine if my bass boat would fit the bill in that area and just have gone myself. :shrug:

At any rate, next weekend won't be wasted in Boise - time is right for a trip to the Powder Arm on Brownlee and nothings keeping me from making that trip. Gotta hammer the crappie and smallies before that good fishing passes.

Thanks much for sharing your pictures, and stories.

Dean

1 - 15 of 15 Posts