IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Talons,
The Wind is still kicking. It put out three fish a day for us the last three days! When you get tired of the mess in the slot, head towards the cabin end. Fresh fish are still coming in. I had one with sea lice yesterday! :cheers:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds like the Wind or Drano might be a good place to be, are there any restrictions on days or is it seven days a week?

Andy

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Wind is 7 days a week. Drano is closed on Wednesday, due to indians netting the lake. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
The mighty TALONS asking for help. :whazzup: :whazzup: I'm going to the Wind tomorrow and hope I can somewhat repeat FNF's performance. Joe, if you get up there, maybe I'll see ya. Hopefully I'll see ya at one of the Fishermans seminars early next month. Oh yeah, a hot color scheme for magnum Brads Wigglers if you don't already know, :shrug: are the 37, 38, 29, 28, and the 15 or 16. At least that's what I'll be pulling tomorrow along with one I can't find on his color sheet. Good Luck, SS. :cheers:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Was there today from dark-thirty until 11am. Got two in the boat. About 200 other boats. The bite is tierra del fuego during the first hour of light or so and then really drops off. No wind today, at least when we were fishing and a beautiful spring day in the Gorge.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fished the Wind with 2 buds in a boat Friday and Saturday, trolling mostly cutplug herring. Started about 2:00 Friday, and I hooked up within 5 minutes--nice bright 12 pounder. My friend hooked a 20 pounder a fought it to the boat. I almost had it in the net, but the long leader made it difficult. The fish made a sharp dive under the boat, and his (Lamiglas) rod broke in 3 pieces. Very tough fish! A bit later my rod goes over, and I first thought I'd hooked bottom, then knew it was a fish, so I set the hook and handed the rod to my friend who owned the boat. He land about a 16 pounder.

We were out there a first light Saturday and fished hard until 2:00 without even a strike. The bite was at first light for one hour on red magwarts. By the time we changed, it was over. We saw only a few fish caught after the early bite, but went home happy enough.

Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts