IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How bad is the hike into the canyon? My friend would like to go springer fishing for the first time and he has kind of a bum leg. Would this be a good idea or a bad one? I know that up river it has easier access but are there any good spots? Need Help!
:whazzup: :shrug:

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Going into the canyon is easy. You can pretty much fall down. Getting back up is not so easy. I'm a fairly youthful 62 and it was a challenge coming back up with a couple of bags of litter. Legs were sore for a few days.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I am a young buck, 25! I hop rock to rock like spiderman... Its not so tough, its more awkwards than anything. Just don't do it in your waders like I did. Not good for a bum leg.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
You want to take the correct trail down. Don't take the trail by the porta potty. Take the one about 200 yds N.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree with bugleman I made the mistake and took the one by the honey pots and it's a really steep climb down and getting back up with four fish could make it really interesting. I was up there for the holiday weekend fishing but not all that hard saw three caught on friday then we fished around Beaver Campground saw fish go by but didn't get a bite heard the hatchery hole was doing pretty good.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oh goody.

Can you give me more specifics as to where this place is at. I'm really interested in the trailhead that takes you to where only 6 people can stand.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I really need to take him fishing I think we will go Thurs. Probably to the campground or the Hatchery. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts