IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been to the Wind or Drano lately? Going out tomorrow and not sure where to fish.

Any news/suggestions would be appreciated. :tongue:

·
Registered
147 Posts
DRANO is slow the day after they net, dah Wind has been putting out some fish. For the most part be early, both to get in the water and to hook up we still have nets in the main river so be reddy.

ho buy the way the county ran out of parking slips 3 times this week and had to be called to come get the money becuse the tube was full
I can hardly stand it dredging and docks with parking for all in the lot and some one to park your rig after you launch and only for $3 a day must have been drinking so bad stuff

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Wetonwhite. Funny, last time I was at Drano, the checker said Thursdays, after the nets come out, were usually the best days. I also saw one boat fishing outside, in the CR, catch at least 5 springers in just a few hours. Everyone else thought it was closed, but it is not. :wink:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just about everyone thinks it is closed, but it has been open since February, for ad clipped only. :smile:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Lfish, the way i understand it is that the bonneville pool is open, people at the wind are being carefull not to cross the line (bouy boundry) Ive seen guys out fishing and just asssumed they where injuns???

·
Registered
147 Posts
read the rules guys, bonnie pool is open to bankies in oregon OR from the power lines aprox 6mi west of the dallas damn. the boat that you saw outside drano was one of 3 things 1)outlaw
2)dummy and didnt know better 3) native and has every right to be there

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
weton, when can you ever read the rules they dont right them down anymore????????????? :shrug:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
fishstik..... you obviously have a computer! Check the latest reg. changes on either the Wa. or Or. Fish and Wildlife page. Jeez.... :shrug:

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Just talked to Fear No Fish, he asked me to give a good report on the Wind. the last 3 days he has put 3 fish each day in the boat. not as good as a couple weeks ago but still not too bad. so now he has 57 springers in the boat and counting (he's been fishing alot). about a 100 boats today. go get em.

·
Registered
147 Posts
yo stik if you dont know the rules how you going to play the game I try to hit both states f&w dept. at least every week so I dont do a bonehead move when I do get a shot. mybe you have more time and money than I but I dont need the fine and in this state thay also take your tag only takes a sec I know you can catch on.
I DID :grin:

WET

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
LFISH,

You are either trying to get someone in trouble or you are seriously mistaken. As wetonwhite
said in the Bonni pool you can fish off the Oregon bank or from tower island(about 5 miles downstream of The Dalles dam) to The Dalles dam. I often see the Indians(sorry if not politicly correct) trolling outside drano and Wacking them good.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
weton, just poking fun at on again off again rule changes. i keep up on changes, but it seems anymore you spend more time researching rule changes than researching fishing..

·
Registered
147 Posts
the rules only change on the lower river. power island east to 395 has been what our book said this year all a long
boy they do swap things around on that lower river glad I only go west for FMS and costco

:cool: wow

1 - 14 of 14 Posts