IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any thing going on down there or on the lower river. I'm heading down there this weekend and would like to pick up a salmon or two. Any info would be appreciated.
Fishguy

·
Registered
31 Posts
The fishing has remained steady, if not just plain good on different days. I was there last Thursday and picked up 2 Chinook, 2 clipped Coho,
and 7 unclipped coho... all on spinners. The fish are spread out between the paper mill and Dean creek. I'd start up by the Gazebo at the elk viewing area.

Just my two cents...

Good luck!

Surfbum :cool:

·
Registered
193 Posts
We fished Sunday and Monday and did well on chinook. Trolled fresh plug cut sardines (no fresh herring available) with large prism Fish Flash triangles, and 4 ounce trolling sinker. Started at daylight and quit at 11AM each day. The bite didn't last long. We slow trolled with the tide and close to the bottom from the Dean Creek gazebo up to above the Hinsdale House which is on the South shore. We fished the North side of the river from the gazebo up to just below the house and the South side on up about 1/2 mile. Be sure and start at daylight. On Sunday our fish weighed 19, 25, 29, and 35 pounds and on Monday we had three in the high teens. Released 2 Coho.

Good luck,

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts