IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be camping near Winchester Bay over the weekend, anyone heard anything about the salmon fishing around that area? Any tips would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Duck N,

I've fished the last two weekends at Winchester Bay. The fishing has been great. When you can get out you will have no problem catching fish. I think most all techniques will work. The coho are up on the surface. If you're using divers, run them either to the point you can still see them or just out of sight for Coho. For Chinook I run them 25 to 35 pulls. The Chinook seem to be running along with the Coho as well. When I use the downriggers I've caught Chinook any where from 35ft to 100ft running in 100ft to 260ft of water. The fish seem to be scattered any where from the mouth to past the whistle bouy both North and South.

I've had great luck with squid stingers and a strip of herring. Pink and green hoochies on the squid stingers.

The crabbing hasn't been so good. Pots are full of females and for a weekend we may get 3 or 4 crabs.

Get out and you will catch fish as long as you herring on the hook! :dance:

[ 07-01-2003, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: Thick-N-Thin ]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts