IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Ifishers going to be in Winchester Bay this weekend for coho/crabbing? I will be there friday night. :cheers:
DM

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Oh sure Guy, rub it in :grin:
I plan on being there also, if my X-15 shows up and I get my starter fixed

If not, I hope the weather is NASTY :tongue:
Naw, realy, I hope you guys that go have a good (slaying) trip and have them scouted for next weekend. :cheers:

Talk to ya later this week,
Kurt

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm planning on being there provided weather is good. Tides look good!

Kurt,

Met your wife on the phone. She was great to work with. Hope to see you at Winchester! I might be there Friday night camping in the parking lot. Good luck on the install of the X15 and repair of the starter you have plenty of time! :smile:

James

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was there the 14th to go crabbing and got a lot of females some very large, only one legal male. It was still a lot of fun. Stopped by a store and talked to some people heading out to go perch fishing but were having a problem finding sand shrimp, all the stores were out.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thick-n-thin, I too am staying in the parking lot on friday, not the one by the coast guard station but the one straight west of there on the point. We have camp spots reserved but not until the 28th.
KGS, you know I am going to rub it in when I can! How's it going? long time no here! I will be getting to windy bay on saturday afternoon the 28th. If your there I may have a cold one :cheers: for you if your interested. Have you heard any reports about coho's or chinook I don't know if we will be able to stack them like last year or not. Keep in touch and hope you get the boat ready in time.
DM

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Ill see you all out there if the weather is good. Ill try for Chinook first, but if no takers I will try for the Coho.

My dad and brother went out the 13th, got one football shaped chinook, but nothing stunning. They said they saw some pots pulled in the ocean, most with NO crabs in them. I dont know if the bait was foul or what.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
James,

Stacey and Lloyd are looking at the starter today, under warranty, a good thing!! As for the X-15 looks like the service work will not be done until tomorrow
The weather looks kinda iffy, but as one knows, "need to be there to be sure".

Guy,

Just spent five days at Crane Prairie, weather was great, fishing turned on Saturday. :grin: We got 20+ takedowns on bobbers with bugs and worms. Nothing too big 16", and a few "freight trains" to make things exciting.

See or talk to you guys soon,

Kurt

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Mrduckman, things are not working out for me. Most likely not fishing on Sunday. No one wants to play. Maybe I should take a shower more than once a month. Plus, with Nancy's mom in the hospital the whole trip is in doubt. Could be a quick trip to the McKenzie and try to add to the count. Sold the pop up blind (I think) should be able to finish up what we talked about shortly. Remember, if the chinook has a fin you can keep it. :grin:

·
Registered
330 Posts
I did get a fairly reliable report that Coho caught and released in 300ft straight out from the mouth.

I'm still planning on being there Friday. Mrduckman, I will be at the same parking lot you are talking about. I'll be in a black Dodge & Camper w/ Red Maxxum. Stop and say hi! :cheers: . I figured if the weather keeps us in I'll shoot up river for Sturgeon.

Kurt,

That's great the starter is covered under warranty. They really know customer service! I'm sure it saved you a few bucks. Good to get that out of the way before you start hitting the ocean. So I take it you won't be there?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
If you see a red thunderjet with big rails on the back give a wave, we will be starting the assault on salmon Sat. Morning I hope. Sturgeon fishing has been sloooowwwww in the Umpqua.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Outdoor Spec Ops,

I'll look for you on the water. I heard it had been slow for sturgeon on the Umpqua. I might head up to the Fishery if it doesn't look like we will get out of Winchester on Saturday.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
James,

Yep, I won't be there this weekend. :depressed:
Going to fish steelies locally Sat. morning and shad Sun. for crab/peeler bait. :grin: Gotta do something, right :wink:
Good luck to all who go and get out, I'll be shooting for next weekend. :cheers:

Kurt

1 - 20 of 22 Posts