IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thank you, I will be back at Charleston soon and will report back.
We plan to go out tomorrow. I spoke with the checker the other day and he said that more nooks are being caught than coho, but that was last week before the weather changed.

I hope to have a good report after the trip, but in past trips we had coho success at 200 FOW straight out from the jaws anywhere from the surface to about 30’ down.
We go up to the lighthouse to observe and I’ve seen a few boats just outside the south jetty. It depends on which way the waves are coming, but if the birds are feeding on the bait fish so are the salmon.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Water was cold yesterday 48 all the way to 10 mile reef. Managed one clipped and 1 small non-clipped released for about 2 hours of effort. Fish were caught within a 1/4 mile of the reef on the only bait/birds/rips we found. Finished the day with Lings and rockfish.
Food Seafood Fish Staple food Cuisine

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Trolled a but out if Florence yesterday evening at 200'-230'. Water was 48⁰ and cloudy green.
Nothing for us and only 5 or 6 salmon carcasses in the trash cans at the cleaning station. A little early yet me thinks

·
Registered
177 Posts
Any recent news this Sunday looks amazing I am planning on giving it a go but last I heard the water temp was 48.5 that is pretty cold for salmon.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
The way conditions are stacking up, I'm going to make the prediction that boats will be catching numbers of tuna before the fleet starts slaying the ho's. That hot water is pluming up great, now we just need the chloro to get out of the way. Don't get me wrong, can't wait for salmon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts