IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Gonna be awesome to see CA revise their laws. I’ve done a lot of backpacking in the Sierra in recent years. You can’t open-carry even in National Forest or BLM. Infuriating. And their transport requirements are onerous.

Reactions: judyfish99

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Progress is being maid but I expect that California will just ignore the ruling until they are taken to court also. It will be a few years before they will end up complying with a "shall" issue law.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Some progress here. But in the UK, it is illegal to...
  • carry any knife in public without good reason, unless it has a manual folding blade less than 3 inches long
Also this...

Lock knives
Lock knives are not classed as folding knives and are illegal to carry in public without good reason.

Lock knives:
  • have blades that can be locked and refolded only by pressing a button
  • can include multi-tool knives - tools that also contain other devices such as a screwdriver or can opener

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I read some of the quotes in various news stories about how this is such a massive setback for "common sense gun control".

Seems to me that even a nominal examination of statistics would show the opposite. How many murders do people really think are committed by concealed carry permit holders? Might Buffalo have played out differently if...?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Unfortunately those states will re-write their laws, making the application process onerous, with many disqualifying triggers, will institute massive gun free zones in public places to make a patchwork of places that people can't carry, and generally try to thwart the constitution.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
It’s going to take years to sort out, decades even. But it’s a good day. 👍

Reactions: Waterfish

·
Registered
281 Posts
For years many cities such as New York gladly gave out concealed carry permits to the elites, and political supporters who hand over lots of cash to those politicians in the system. The common folk who pay their salary were treated like garbage as their life is not important as their well heeled and connected friends. It was nearly impossible for a law abiding middle class citizen with no political connections to obtain a permit.

Most of these politicians in the crime ridden cities do not want honest law abiding citizens to carry concealed firearms. It seems they are concerned that the armed felons, who are forbidden to possess firearms and ammunition, will be in danger of being stopped with an armed law abiding citizen.

I have a feeling that the politician in these states and cities will do everything in their power to still restrict normal law abiding citizens for obtaining concealed weapon permits, and give a middle finger out to the United States Supreme Court. I see numerous law suits being filed in those cities and states for law abiding citizens being denied a permit. Also I believe that those states and cities who hate this ruling, will perhaps increase fees for those permits well above the average reach of a middle class citizen. It seem unconstitutional to me that your right to bear arms still comes at the monetary approval of the government. What other right in the Bill of Rights do we have to pay money to the government to have that right?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Also I believe that those states and cities who hate this ruling, will perhaps increase fees for those permits well above the average reach of a middle class citizen. It seem unconstitutional to me that your right to bear arms still comes at the monetary approval of the government. What other right in the Bill of Rights do we have to pay money to the government to have that right?
This ruling is landmark and actually the legalese forbids states from applying fees that are inordinate among many other things. This guy in the video is a wealth of knowledge and really lays it out well. About a 12 minute watch, but very informative.

·
Registered
24,493 Posts
One major note: The state must still process the concealed weapon permits. Most of the jurisdictions have a very limited processing capacity. If you live in New York. Do not expect the state to hire a large number of new employees to process new permits. The state also controls the rules for permits. They will slow walk the processing.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts