IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone getting fish up in the rivers after the rise? Are we all zipper lipped????

·
Registered
121 Posts
So the rivers came up and they have some color, eh. To me that sounds like a recipy thats tough to beat. I'll be there first chance I get!
:dance:

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
It's hard for people that fished those rivers today to answer right now, because they are, uh, still fishin'. Check in after dark after 9 PM.

We computer jockies today can just speculate what we hear.

My opinion, is if I had tomorrow off, I'd head for the lower/mid fresh water holes. Chinookies will be there, if you aren't. Get your bobbers, Kwikfish, bank bouncing, drift boat, and drifting gear out. It's time.

I don't have tomorrow off though. :shrug: Let us know how you do.

SKP

·
Registered
554 Posts
I think it's pretty zipperlipped if you ask me! I fished from Loren's to 101 on Saturday and Sunday and we did not touch a salmon. I only saw 2 on the bank at Loren's that weren't the prettiest fish (kind of dark) but did see 2 smaller bright fish hooked down by 101. So there you go. It was real slow. I saw quite a few silvers spawning but no chinooks. It was a very slow weekend on the Trask. Hopefully this shot of rain will push the fish in.

[ 10-21-2003, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Dakotan ]

·
Registered
62 Posts
I fished the trask from johnson bridge down to 101
I came home with an empty bag, I saw nothing but black fish rolling. did not talk to anyone who caught on.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Fished the Trask today with Dan the fish man we went 5 for 10 or 12, crackered off several just not paying attention. Most of the fish were dark. Two were coho boots. We kept one fairly good nook hen. The Wilson was looking green when we passed and should fish tomorrow without more rain. Trask started out a little muddy but fished OK. Fished three different big name cures today the producer was Quick Cure. With all the interest in cures lately I have been suprised Quick Cure is never mentioned. I have fished it for years and I consistently catch fish with it. On another post Scott (Get Bent)pretty much said it all. Cures are like spinners or corkies some days one works some days it does not.
Randy

·
Registered
110 Posts
fishing was great with you today hogback.
i am looking to haveing a great season and look forewed to bring lots of new people out on the new drifter.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Was on the Wilson today - think a lot of fish ran up quickly with all the rain - the ones I saw all looked like they were in a hurry to get upstream. Did see a few fish caught but they were a little dark. Maybe the calmer weather predicted for the next few days will help.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
So then...the brighties are still in tidewater?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts