IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a day off tomorrow and will be heading to the tillamook area to enjoy this weather and shoot for some chrome.

any recent reports? I know theres got to be some fish around.

thanks

·
Flatlander
7,595 Posts
no responses. darn. I have next week off for vacation but the wife is not feeling well. Looks like I will do some fishing next week... any trask, tucker, wilson reports

gus

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
tidewater if i were u

·
Registered
914 Posts
We fished it on 7/5, and my buddy got a nice one about 7-8 pounds right off the bat, but it had to go back since too many fins. I hooked another one that looked to be about the same size, but it came off right away. There are definitely a few around, but really tough fishin with the low water. Good Luck

·
Registered
914 Posts
We fished it on 7/5, and my buddy got a nice one about 7-8 pounds right off the bat, but it had to go back since too many fins. I hooked another one that looked to be about the same size, but it came off right away. There are definitely a few around, but really tough fishin with the low water. Good Luck

[ 07-08-2003, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: baitslinger ]

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I fished it yesterday and went 1 for 2 in my first spot. the following 4 spots I fished were dead. I went back to my first spot where the fish were holding only to find kids playing in the water :shrug: should have never left :hoboy:

it was spot fishing. on both occasions I was casting from my knees or crouching behind cover. pretty cool seeing the fish attack your offering then setting hook.

tough fishing for sure. the water is gin clear and about as low as it can get.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was in the tide water first thing on the 4th, got a couple drive byes. Things were pretty slow out there, but it was a beautiful sunrise over the coast range and that made my weekend.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I was out on the Wilson on the 4th. I didn't see many fish get caught... None for that matter. I heard of one guy getting a nice steelhead, but other than that, I think the water was too low and too clear. That doesn't mean the fish aren't there, you just have to figure out what they want (if anything).

--Skahorse

1 - 9 of 9 Posts