IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to be camping down at browns camp with the family for the weekend and was wondering if there was any good fishing going on at the Wilson as I will be very close to it for a couple of days. I will be from the bank and am prepared for Salmon, Steelhead or Cutts any info is greatly appreciatted.
Thnx, JGB

G

·
With the extremely low water on the Wilson the steelhead will be very spooky. I suggest trying a shrimp tail, spinners or small bobber/jig setup for them early in the AM in the deeper holes in the upper river.
As for cutts I fly fish for them and they can be found just about anywhere. I swing a fly through a riffle and seem to have pretty good luck.
There are smolt present in the river right now so if you do fly fish I urge you to go barbless.
Hope this helps...Good Luck.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I drove to Cape Lookout last weekend and stopped along the Wilson in several spots. The river is very low and gin clear. I didn't get a temperature but there were alot of folks swimming. I'll bet the lower river is in the upper 60's. If I were fishing, I would go upstream. Bring a thermometer and look for cool incoming tribs near deep pools. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts