IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
3,362 Posts
Yeah, high and brown.NOT.

Water color was good, unfortunately I stunk up the place today. I'm not fishing tomorrow so I'm sure the bite will be on.

· Administrator
129,630 Posts
A bit high, but very fishable.

By the way, posting false reports on ifish will get you into a whole lotta bye bye.
I know you were joking, but... some people don't realize. Not fair! :shrug:

Jen

[ 01-10-2004, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

· Registered
414 Posts
I think some of us may be losing sight of what we are trying to accomplish here. In my humble opinion, giving and receiving accurate and helpful info is why I am on this site in the first place. Folks...we are not giving away trade secrets here...just trying to forward the sport that we all love. I, for one, am the kind of courteous fisherman who respects the rights of others and their property. I'm sure most of the rest of you are the same. We get so many negative posts about "giving away the secret lure" or "secret hole". I got news for you folks, the rivers belong to all of us. The population of fisherman is bound to increase as the population does.

Let's climb down off the high horses and talk fishing...leave the rest to other less savory sites.

Thanks for listening and let the games begin!

· Registered
2,472 Posts
Guitarguy........Hmmmmm i understand your opinion on this subject but I for one am not going to open my playbook to anyone and everyone, sorry. General info I will gladly share.If you are in the 90% bracket then of course you want everyone to share, but if you are in the 10% bracket.......think about it, how many people here would like to know exactly where and when the bite was the day before and what the fish were biting on. If I am fishing the next day or days, I wont say a word. I have been burned way too many times. Nothing like showing up the next day to see 6 more guys than the days before. If you want to learn new water or new techniques go fishing with someone new or get out there and learn on your own........Dont expect to find a roadmap to the honey Jar .......... :wink:

John

· Registered
3,197 Posts
Let's climb down off the high horses and talk fishing...leave the rest to other less savory sites.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Assuming your remark also included your post too. :hoboy:

Refer to the smily face above, usually added to a comment when someone is kidding. Check some of NoWishin's previous recent posts where he gave accurate reports without the smiley face.

Sheesh.

· Registered
414 Posts
I really pick up more on the tactics than anything else from this site. I have pounded my share of miles of river from the Canadian border to the California border over the last "way too many years to count". No one is expecting the keys to the kingdom...honeyjar or anything else. Everyone needs to learn on their own. That, for me, is 90% of the fun!

I do not, however have any respect for those that are so self-serving as to provide intentional bad or bogus info...that's where my gripe lies!

· Banned
1,409 Posts
the only way to become a better fisherperson is to get out there and do it yourself. If you have the basics, apply them to a stretch of water and have some confidence. It will pay off to do a little homework for run timing and rivers with more fish than others. You are not going to catch any fish by reading someones reports of where and when. Most good fisherman wont tell that info correctly anyway!

· Registered
277 Posts
WOW!! :shocked:
I thought this thread started out about the wether the Wilson was fishable or not. :whazzup: I didn't expect a debate on how and what to post.

Just get out and go fishing for goodness sake!!! :mad: Cabin fever can make us all grouchy.

· Registered
3,197 Posts
Uh, refer to my previous post.

:grin: = kidding.

Most of the information is here already. Look at the Data page and river levels. The Wilson rose very slowly and is dropping. OF COURSE it will be fishable. There will be plenty of opportunity to bonk some fish there tomorrow.

And, once again, check out NoWishin's recent posts from this week when he wasn't "kidding". You'll find accurate reports.

Lund -

[ 01-10-2004, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: skrimmy ]

· Registered
Salmon, steelhead, Kokanee, trout, bass, boat or bank
4,392 Posts
I see no foul play or harm done, a little misinterpretation of the :grin: . May be a :wink: next time for the new guy to make things a little more clear.
Now back to fishing and catching, eating the fish is optional :grin: .

Fishalot

· Registered
4,557 Posts
I for one agree with Lund and Fishin Magician I have worked hard to find the waters I fish and how I fish comes from time on the water and letting the fish tell me what to do. I consider myself in that 10 percent and would not lie on a report or purposely tell somthing that I knew was not true but a good friend and great fisherman once said" how to ocasionally when to always where too never." and that is kind of how I look at it. :shrug:

hey fishin' magician are we on for pizza and beer on Monday? drop me an email. and Lund it was nice running into you at G.I joes and the bite was good that next morning :grin:

· Registered
155 Posts
I agree 100% with Guitgary. Due to their selfish behavior, "zipperlips" are poor examples of sport fishermen. They don't contribute useful information and can intentionally mislead others.

Sportsmen like Guitgary are a class act. Thanks for doing the right thing.

· Registered
1,148 Posts
I really have to take a minute and add my 2c here. I think it is within a persons rights to keep a few secrets...whether that be the where or the how-to.

That said, I agree w/ Lund about the time on the river, etc. I would add that the thing that escalated my catch the most was learning how to READ WATER. After that, investing in a few guided trips sure helped me with the how-to. I also made it a point to go fishing with guys who were much better than me. I got skunked a lot as they limited out, but I learned a lot and now I feel much more competent out there on the river.

I also have spent summer days observing the river at low-flow to see where the rocks and channels are...this is money in the bank for the winter season as I can know exactly where to cast!

HC

[ 01-12-2004, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: half canuck ]

· Registered
1,676 Posts
I wish I could give some info, but havent fished this river. From pics, I may have to try it out when I visit family up in the P-land area.

FM, your a hard one to follow at times...and think that out of 6000+ ifishers, someone would offer this member an honest answer to his qestion. Maybe if you do not like them posting questions....
Then hang up.........duh
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">on the post. :wink:

· Administrator
129,630 Posts
Remove you? I'm too busy fishing. :smile:

I get tired of the "I'm keepin a secret and I don't want you around."

I realize, in your case that you were kidding. I wish you wouldn't take my words so seriously.
It wasn't meant personally, it was meant as a reminder to all to be helpful. I try to keep things pleasant here, and I'm sorry that it came across to you in this way.

Apologies..

Jen

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.