IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now the wilson is at 2.98 whats a good level to watch for that will move fish in? also any info on fishing this river would be great i have only fished it in the summer up high never in the winter for salmon how low do you have to go???

·
Registered
38 Posts
There are fish moving throughout the system right now...3.0 is plenty of water for the fish to move...Also watch the wilson quick link...Any time that river comes up a bit fish move in and up...I've caught fish there with the river on the rise and on it's way back down...more so on the way down...Thursday and friday should be good days on the river...I'll be out there in the afternoon on thursday fishing anywhere from mp22 on down to the guide shop...the mile marker 7 and 7.5 hole should produce fish...mp 6 is also a good bet...probably too crowded behind the guide shop though. I've hooked fish on my last three trips consistantly with a drift setup...4 feet of leader...faded/pastel orange and white corkie, two 3/4 inch tufts of hot pink yarn and 1 3/4 inch tuft of white yarn smothered in Mikes Anis oil...If the water is really clear, use light gear...I've been having a lot of hookups with eight pound while others on the bank were getting nothing with 30.
Good luck,
Spanky

·
Registered
740 Posts
With the Wilson at 2.98 feet, you are going to have a tough time getting a drift boat down, especially the upper drifts.

Spanky is correct that the fish will move when the water is around 3.0 feet, but the majority of the fresh, bright fish will be in the lower system (tidewater). Best fishing on the Wilson is between 4-6 feet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts