IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am back on IFish after a long sabbatical...the quality of the posts has greatly improved in the last couple of years...thank you to all!

If anyone has any info they would like to share regarding when to fish Willipa Bay I would greatly appreciate it. Also, I have a 16' Lund and am curious as to whether this is sufficient boat for this fishery.

Fished Astoria Saturday, it was 80 degrees, and the water was like glass until 3pm. We worked hard all day to limit the boat on coho, released about 6 natives and landed no chinook. We only saw a couple of chinook come in to the ramp.

I look forward to sharing info again with all of you on IFish.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Heading out in the river this am. Off warrenton/hammond. this will be third trip, last two were skunks.....

·
Registered
908 Posts
Spinner,
I personally like to fish Willapa Bay hard before the commercial boys get started which is usually around the 26th of August. It was nice this year since they didn't go in until the first week of Sept.

Jim

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
The wife and I tried Drano sat. morning and it was SLOW!!! So we jumped in the ol' pickup and blazed to Astoria! Sat. evening we had 5 to the boat with 2 keepers (silvers) and sunday we went 14 for 16. We ended up with 5 nice silvers and a mid-teens URB too! Lots of fish around the bridge. We didn't want to come home, but we gotta work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts