IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are some hot spots (or expect to become hot spots) close to but above the falls? :shrug: What techniques would be appropriate up river to go after springers.

I have not fished the willie upstream of the falls so any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
GU

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
dont know how far you can go but salvadore launch in St.Paul is pretty good if you motor up river to were the river shallows. Here there are a few good slots from 4-6 feet deep just plunk a spinner a wait have also done good back bouncing bait through those slots. but be careful in heavey flows the slots shift and move as the gravel move down with the current

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
You might try pulling Wiggle Warts around..but watch out above the town of Willamette..theres some pretty rocky, shallow spots.

Expect it to be "busy" with Jet skis, Ski boats, and babes in bikinis, as alot seem to "hang" in that area. Lat time I launched at Willamette(about a week ago)..it looked like MTV's Beach Party.

******'s prawn setups work up there too :bowdown:

Mark

[ 05-28-2003, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: FishinMission ]

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
******'s prawn setups work up there too
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">What is a ******'s prawn setup?

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Well...Hopefully "Dad" will chime in here and describe it..or link you to it.

You can anchor-fish...but the reduced flows will make it extremely hard to find current. I'd troll, get out early in the morning before the pleasure boaters.

Prawns, spinners, haven't tried herring up there, but you might want to. Would recommend small blades on your spinners too.

Pretty much uncharted waters in that area for 99.99999%.

If you wanna adrenaline rush you can fish here...plenty of fish seen moving through...just tough to get 'em to bite.

Mark

[ 05-28-2003, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: FishinMission ]

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
So FM, do you back bounce over the falls, or just right up to it??? :grin: Plus you must have a very long net to get them over the falls! Maybe hogmaster's net would work, just tie a rope on and throw it over, couldn't hurt it anymore than it already is.
:smile:

Scott

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
MTV's beach party???? :shocked: My wife would never let me fish there. :tongue:

I think in Vin Diesels next movie a boat trip over the falls would look pretty cool. FM can be the corriographer and photo journalist at the same time. Mark = grapefruits. :cool:

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Yeah..bein' it's only about 5 feet deep there, a shallow diving plug right there just before the "Drop" will get your heart going.

Honestly...I've seen lots of fish moving through this area, and I WILL tell you, I'm not there without "contingency" plans. They gotta go from "Point A" to "Point B", right??

Mark

[ 05-28-2003, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: FishinMission ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts